+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in Canadian Passport - do we have to mention place of birth

tigerskk

Mar 2, 2015
in Canadian Passport, do we have to mention place of birth. this is optional we can leave this column blank

we can leave place of birth. please share your experiences

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
In my experience don't leave it blank,because anywhere you travel they gona ask you about your place of birth , because i have friend of mine he did that , and everytime he travels they were asking him and sometime he waits until they assure he's not lying.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
tigerskk said:
in Canadian Passport, do we have to mention place of birth. this is optional we can leave this column blank

we can leave place of birth. please share your experiences
Yes, last I looked, this is an option.

But as noted by tigerskk, this can have ramifications when traveling to some countries.

Every country has its own immigration laws and rules, including what information must be verified by prescribed Travel Documents.

Thus whether or not to leave place of birth off the passport is a personal decision. There are reasons some will want to do this. But it can cause difficulties or inconvenient examinations when attempting to enter some countries (including the U.S.).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with what others have said. Don't leave it blank. I have a friend who did this and it cause him problems and delays almost every time he traveled. He eventually got a new passport with his birth place listed.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Don't do this mistake. . You will face lot of trouble in travelling and you might not be able to enter many countries .. its a stupid thing to have on your passport but thats how it is.