+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Canada Temporary Public Policy for IME

bonny22

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone,

We just received an ITA last June 8, 2023 draw and my question is regarding the temporary policy for in-Canada applicants regarding IME:

1. It said that "If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application." Does that mean I can just use and upload the copy of my OLD IME and submit it in my PR application now?

2. Is this applicable for my spouse too? Our IMEs were taken within the last 5 years and in our home country too.

Thank you to all who will answer.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello everyone,

We just received an ITA last June 8, 2023 draw and my question is regarding the temporary policy for in-Canada applicants regarding IME:

1. It said that "If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application." Does that mean I can just use and upload the copy of my OLD IME and submit it in my PR application now?

2. Is this applicable for my spouse too? Our IMEs were taken within the last 5 years and in our home country too.

Thank you to all who will answer.
1. Yes.
2. Personal experience: I am the PA. IRCC considered my old medical and got MP for me and my dependents (wife and son). Our old medicals were done from home country, too.

Reactions: bonny22

bonny22

Jun 22, 2021
MP means Medical Passed
Hello again rcincanada2019,

Sorry to bother you but I just noticed now that the passport details used in my old IME was already expired. Will this matter or should I submit IME with my new passport details now?

Thank you so much.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello again rcincanada2019,

Sorry to bother you but I just noticed now that the passport details used in my old IME was already expired. Will this matter or should I submit IME with my new passport details now?

Thank you so much.
Same here, my old passport connected to my IME was already expired. I had to renew my passport to get the full 3 yrs PGWP. I used my new passport when I applied for PR.

Reactions: bonny22