+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Canada PR application concerns

Qwijebo

Mar 13, 2018
We filed for my spouse earlier this year, we had all the proper paperwork filed, photos, medical exams etc, but my spouse had to go back to America a couple of times, due to the threat of an overstay. But the concern to CIC seems to be that we don't meet the requirements based on this, as we are not cohabiting at the moment. I don't see why there is an issue with this? Should we have filed via out of Canada application?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
In order to qualify for inland, you must cohabit together in Canada.

Concerns of overstay? You can extend the visitor status, you also had the option of applying for an open work permit which would be granted for two years, or ultimately, being out of status doesn't disqualify someone from being sponsored inland. People who had been out of status for years were successfully sponsored inland.

What is an issue, however, is not living together in Canada. In that case, you should have applied outland.

Reactions: scylla

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
We filed for my spouse earlier this year, we had all the proper paperwork filed, photos, medical exams etc, but my spouse had to go back to America a couple of times, due to the threat of an overstay. But the concern to CIC seems to be that we don't meet the requirements based on this, as we are not cohabiting at the moment. I don't see why there is an issue with this? Should we have filed via out of Canada application?
If you are not continuously cohabiting during an inland application, a refusal is to be expected. It's a mandatory component of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class.

Reactions: scylla