Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Hi all, I need an opinion - I know someone who moved to Canada as a visitor, married a canadian, then never renewed her visitor status, thus overstayed her status and is now out of legal status.

She had a son born in Canada to this canadian citizen husband.

They applied for spousal sponsorship last year, the application confirmed received April 2017 - now a year later she received an email asking her to attend an interview next month in her home country.

She does not have the ability to leave the country, she needs to stay in canada to take care of her newborn, canadian son.

What are her options? How does she go about asking for an in-canada interview?

They surely know she overextended her stay, the application clearly stated she was out of status.

I appreciate all insights! Thank you!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
As far as I know, there is no accommodation that can be made. If you apply inland and get called for an interview, you do your interview in Canada; if you apply outland, you have to do the interview in your home country. If she was applying while out of status, and knew she would not be able to leave Canada for her interview, that is something that should have been considered at the time they decided to apply outland rather than inland. I am unfamiliar with any outland applicants being able to change their relationship interview to happen within Canada. I am happy to be corrected by anyone if I am wrong though.

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
At the start she was told that outland from within canada was less risky in case she had to suddenly leave the country (deportation, etc) - her application would not be voided.

However, since applying, she got pregnant, had a newborn, and now simply cannot leave the country.

Anybody have experience on this situation? Any chance to either waive the interview or move to within canada?

OR alternatively, what happens if she simply doesnt make her interview in home country? Does it = automatic rejection ?

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the start she was told that outland from within canada was less risky in case she had to suddenly leave the country (deportation, etc) - her application would not be voided.

However, since applying, she got pregnant, had a newborn, and now simply cannot leave the country.

Anybody have experience on this situation? Any chance to either waive the interview or move to within canada?

OR alternatively, what happens if she simply doesnt make her interview in home country? Does it = automatic rejection ?
Sounds like she got some bad advice. Being out of status she could have applied for a TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) along with her PR app and she would have legal status while she waited. Some don't even do that and still don't end up deported if the PR app is in process.

As far as I am aware there is no changing or moving the appointment, check with CIC on that but they are usually pretty firm.

You may have to retract the application and explain you will reapply inland and take the financial hit to do so. They are really the only ones that can advise you now what they will or will not do.

Good luck.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

It is clearly stated that if called for an interview with an outland app, it will be outside of Canada. If she doesn't attend, the app will be refused.

The other option is to withdraw the outland app and re-apply inland.

Reactions: canamconnect

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
Hi all, I need an opinion - I know someone who moved to Canada as a visitor, married a canadian, then never renewed her visitor status, thus overstayed her status and is now out of legal status.

She had a son born in Canada to this canadian citizen husband.

They applied for spousal sponsorship last year, the application confirmed received April 2017 - now a year later she received an email asking her to attend an interview next month in her home country.

She does not have the ability to leave the country, she needs to stay in canada to take care of her newborn, canadian son.

What are her options? How does she go about asking for an in-canada interview?

They surely know she overextended her stay, the application clearly stated she was out of status.

I appreciate all insights! Thank you!

What happened to the application now?