+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In big trouble, Please share your review guys :-[

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
Hi all,

I am in big trouble.I came here as student in 2012, i dint mention about my usa refusal in my application, as i thought we need to only mention refusal if it is stamped on passport( pls pardon me, as i was not aware of procedure, it was unintentional hiding)

After that i applied PGWP, dependent work pemit, I dint mention about my usa student and visitor visa refusal, as after landing here i was told by my friends now you can say yes, because in previous application you haven't mentioned. So in fear i dint mentioned it (my second mistake).

Now I got PNP approved, but i dint mention about my refusal of usa.

Finally I am applying PR, but inside me, i have fear and guilt of lying, so i am planning to state truth. What are consequnces of saying truth ?

I have two cases which i know.
1) One of my friends was refused usa visa for 5 times, and he dint mention in PR, as he said we dont need to mention unless it is on passport.

2) I have came to know frm my frind about one case where, applicant did mentioned and attached apology letter
saying i forgot to mention in my previous application about my usa refusal, still he was denied PR saying you misreprestated your
previous application history.

I know i made mistake, what should i do now ?

This is my first post and sorry, starting it on bad note :(

Thanks

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No country mentions a visa is refused in an applicant's passport. From where did you this information?
You have hidden these facts voluntarily not once but multiple times. I believe you are aware that if you hide it now and get a PR and later if Canada immigration authorities come to know about it they have the right to cancel your PR based on misrepresentation of facts.

Wait for seniors response.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did misrepresent your US visa refusal. I don't think anybody can suggest whether or not you need to disclose this information to CIC. As you might be already aware, it's 5 yrs ban for misrepresentation. I would suggest find a good immigration lawyer (not consultant but a real lawyer) to ask them what you should do. I can only tell from my experience, CIC does check US Visa application from US Immigration database for immigration purposes so you might want to be extra careful to handle this situation.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
jairichi said:
No country mentions a visa is refused in an applicant's passport. From where did you this information?
You have hidden these facts voluntarily not once but multiple times. I believe you are aware that if you hide it now and get a PR and later if Canada immigration authorities come to know about it they have the right to cancel your PR based on misrepresentation of facts.

Wait for seniors response.
thanks for your reply, i do accept my mistake i should have mention in PGWP, depedent work permit, PNP.

But in first case when i applied student visa for canada, i was under impression like if we get stamp on passport than only it is refused. i was not much aware of immigration that time.)

I have usa visa now, my visa was refused just because i was not able to demonstrate about my intention, it was not based on criminal record.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pr_qa said:
thanks for your reply, i do accept my mistake i should have mention in PGWP, depedent work permit, PNP.

But in first case when i applied student visa for canada, i was under impression like if we get stamp on passport than only it is refused. i was not much aware of immigration that time.)

I have usa visa now, my visa was refused just because i was not able to demonstrate about my intention, it was not based on criminal record.
Even if first case can be pardoned (i emphasize the word can) repeated hiding of facts will not be. Anyone knows if a visa is refused there will be no visa stamp in passport and not what you say 'if we get stamp on passport then only it is refused'. One does not have to be well versed about immigration laws for that. Reason for rejection does not matter now.

As responded by another forum member earlier whether you disclose it now or not is your call.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
jairichi said:
Even if first case can be pardoned (i emphasize the word can) repeated hiding of facts will not be. Anyone knows if a visa is refused there will be no visa stamp in passport and not what you say 'if we get stamp on passport then only it is refused'. One does not have to be well versed about immigration laws for that. Reason for rejection does not matter now.

As responded by another forum member earlier whether you disclose it now or not is your call.
It was in 2012, before me it was my cousin who applied for usa visa and he got refusal in 2007, that time they use to stamp on passport. I believe it is mistake and after coming to canada, i should have said the truth. But its done, now i have option to say, i will write explanation letter and say i m ready to accept whatever their decision is. At last i m gathering courage to say truth and will accept whtever decision comes.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pr_qa said:
It was in 2012, before me it was my cousin who applied for usa visa and he got refusal in 2007, that time they use to stamp on passport. I believe it is mistake and after coming to canada, i should have said the truth. But its done, now i have option to say, i will write explanation letter and say i m ready to accept whatever their decision is. At last i m gathering courage to say truth and will accept whtever decision comes.
Take the help of a good attorney and act accordingly. That will be the best option.

Riyaj

Apr 21, 2018
Hi any update on your case.did u get your PR.