+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In an Implied Status, and needing to leave Canada for a trip with PGWP extension still processing.

hasley

Mar 29, 2024
Hi I'm currently applying for an extension of PGWP due to passport expiry. I need to travel soon though and my VISA is expired due to passport expiry. Can I Apply a new VISA as a visitor instead of PGWP based? I'm waiting for the PGWP but will have to leave before it finishes processing. Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi I'm currently applying for an extension of PGWP due to passport expiry. I need to travel soon though and my VISA is expired due to passport expiry. Can I Apply a new VISA as a visitor instead of PGWP based? I'm waiting for the PGWP but will have to leave before it finishes processing. Thanks!
You can’t apply PGWP and visitor visa together. If you travel now without visa , you won’t be able to come back and if your PGWP is approved, you need to update address to cic that you are out of Canada.

hasley

Mar 29, 2024
@Miss bee I've applied for PGWP extension but need a visa extension as well, but pgwp extension takes 100 days so doubt it will come out before my vacation. I have the option to apply for visitor visa (where I select come to Canada for visit instead of work) but I'm guessing it won't be accepted?