Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 14 september :)
Hi all im in toronto right now i paid 8000$ in royal roads uni but now i dnt want to study from there coz its a 4 year bba program.i want to start a 2 year diploma in toronto.pls tell me what to do.my money is day by day getting finished pls help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you already been accepted by the college you want to attend in Toronto? If so, when is your start date? Now or January?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdullah102 said:
Hi all im in toronto right now i paid 8000$ in royal roads uni but now i dnt want to study from there coz its a 4 year bba program.i want to start a 2 year diploma in toronto.pls tell me what to do.my money is day by day getting finished pls help
Did you not realize that you were enrolling in a 4 year BBA program? and you paid $8000?

abdullah102

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-july-2013
Med's Request
18-July-2013
Med's Done....
31-July-2013
Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
My czn lives in toronto he is giving me free accomodation and im not enrolled in any college in toronto.i want to get enrolled asap. That was my biggest mistake to pay 8000 in 4 year program. :-( pls help plss brother

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you contacted the college you want to attend? You need to find out if you can still apply and join the September intake or if you'll have to wait until January (I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait until January). If you have to wait until January before you can start your college program, you should continue attending RRU so that the school doesn't report you as a drop-out to CIC which could cause problems for your visa.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check to see if royal roads has a 2 year diploma course, this way you dont have to worry about the university giving you money back. If that dosent work ask them if you drop the courses can they reimburse you. Enroll in a 2 year diploma course in a Toronto College and then take the reimbursed funds from Royal Roads and pay the college. How long is your study visa valid till? You will also have to notify CIC of changes

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdullah102 said:
First step : Check the withdrawal policy of your college/uni

Second : You must be enrolled in a SPP listed college/uni

Now, you will have hard time withdrawing as most college/uni give 10 to 15 days to withdraw from the program start date which in your case I am suspecting is already late. Secondly, None of the colleges will accept application for September intake and do not go by their website as some colleges will still show as some programs are still open for September intake such as GBC, Seneca, Humber etc... these programs are still open but only for domestic students.

So now you can only opt for January intake which shouldn't be a problem as you would have a valid study permit. Now some colleges have made college switch bit difficult as they won't transfer the fee to your next college. They first ask you to pay at least one semester fee out of your pocket and then they will transfer the funds to the account where it originated from which will easily take 4 to 6 weeks.

Finally, I am wondering if you can withdraw at this point at all (for you to get your fee back for the first semester).

wish you luck.

abdullah102

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-july-2013
Med's Request
18-July-2013
Med's Done....
31-July-2013
Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Thank you 2morrow im going to rru and ask them to give me refund or should i stay and study this semester then can i transfer to any college in alberta coz my sister live there providing me accomodation..Plz help what should i tell the university??

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
Oh shoot...yar whats your cell# number there...I need to talk to you ASAP I also have some info about it.

Regards,
Ayaz

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
I just saw your kind reply for Abdullah from RRU want to switch b/w uni from BBA to some other course. I am almost on the same boat. I got admission in RRU MGM program and got my visa too and session is going to start in Jan. And I have paid 520$ in advance. Please let me know can I come to Canada in Jan and apply to some other Toronto college for Master/ Diploma? as my cousin lives there and I'll have some support. Please let me know if I can get offer letter lets say for Jan or may in some other uni/college I will have to inform RRU about it? and will they allow me do that and is there any problem associated with it. Please help I need to come in Jan but want to change uni too since have not heard positive report. and its little expensive too. Please help what should be best for me ??

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Ayaz

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
hi, after getting enrolld in college can we change our course to any stream?
can i change my diploma of graphic design to any hotel management diploma?
please let me know about this?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayaz123 said:
I just saw your kind reply for Abdullah from RRU want to switch b/w uni from BBA to some other course. I am almost on the same boat. I got admission in RRU MGM program and got my visa too and session is going to start in Jan. And I have paid 520$ in advance. Please let me know can I come to Canada in Jan and apply to some other Toronto college for Master/ Diploma? as my cousin lives there and I'll have some support. Please let me know if I can get offer letter lets say for Jan or may in some other uni/college I will have to inform RRU about it? and will they allow me do that and is there any problem associated with it. Please help I need to come in Jan but want to change uni too since have not heard positive report. and its little expensive too. Please help what should be best for me ??

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Ayaz

@Ajaz, yes you can. You should better seek admission in any college or uni for Jan intake right now from your home country. Keep the LOA ready. I would suggest you switch the college once you land here. However, there are speculations of regulations being changed for college switch from Jan 2014 intake. But nothing official at the moment. Hence, you still have the option of switching. Check the RRU withdrawal policy. YOu only paid 520 CAD, I suspect if you will get it back at all, anyway check the college policy.

@Sourabh, I guess it solves your query too!

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
if i have got admission in seneca, do i need offer letter or acceptance letter to change before i come to canada?
and i did not get you about the field? can i change my field into any other after reaching there?

abdullah102

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-july-2013
Med's Request
18-July-2013
Med's Done....
31-July-2013
Interview........
Not requried
Passport Req..
Already submitted
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Ayaz brother i dnt have a cell here right now. I want refund from RRU didnt even attent any class? Want to join in janurary.will there b any problem??

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
sabby2612 said:
@ Ajaz, yes you can. You should better seek admission in any college or uni for Jan intake right now from your home country. Keep the LOA ready. I would suggest you switch the college once you land here. However, there are speculations of regulations being changed for college switch from Jan 2014 intake. But nothing official at the moment. Hence, you still have the option of switching. Check the RRU withdrawal policy. YOu only paid 520 CAD, I suspect if you will get it back at all, anyway check the college policy.

@ Sourabh, I guess it solves your query too!
Thanks for your prompt reply. yes I am planning it and yes they will refund as per their policy but can they get my visa cancelled since I got visa based on their university or there is not such thing to worry about. You mean I should show that acceptance letter at airport on which i granted visa and change wen i get Caanda? please clarify. Also I want to apply to MUN for MBA but it semester starts in fall and if I get admission can I come to Canada in Jan and start session in Sept and mean while prepare GMAT?