+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Improving IELTS score..Please help!!

Rukshesh

Oct 18, 2015
Hi All,

I gave my IELTS exam on 23rd Jan and my result is:

L- 7.5, R- 7.5, S- 7.5, W- 6.0.

I wonder how I scored so less in Writing :(

Can anyone please give me tips, materials or anything with which I can increase my IELTS score to reach CLB9 or beyond.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
http://www.dcielts.com/ielts-tips/10-practical-tips-for-writing-better-exam-essays/

JadePH

Mar 17, 2016
Hi Rukshesh,

A good way to improve your writing is to work on your grammar and vocabulary systematically.

For instance, in your post, you wrote "I wonder how I scored so less in Writing". In fact, it should be "I wonder how I scored so low in Writing". That shows you haven't mastered the system of English grammar yet. Things like this can be picked up by IELTS examiners very easily, so you didn't get the ideal IELTS result.

Talking about resources/materials, you may be interested in my new book which can be found on Amazon's Canadian website now. It's called "26 Strategies to Succeed in the IELTS Test".

Hopefully the information helps!

Cheers,
Jade

Rukshesh

Oct 18, 2015
Thanks a lot for your help JadePH and SMani. DC ielts is a good website. I go through it sometimes.

People who have scored 8/8.5 bands please pitch in and help for their valuable tips so that I can start preparing accordingly. Thanks!

JadePH

Mar 17, 2016
That's OK, Rukshesh. I did the IELTS test myself in order to figure out how to teach my IELTS students better, and my IELTS result was 9 :)

Another way you can improve is to get someone to correct your essays for you and give you feedback on your essays so that you can write better in future. Hopefully this helps!

Cheers,
Jade

For more information: ieltswithjade.com