+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Improving EE score? "Old" couple: we got 410. How can make it better? Thank you for your help!

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
So, we both are over 35 years old, which makes it very hard for us to get a good score, but we are still trying. I have not yet taken the french test, though my current level is a b1. What else could we do to improve our score? My husband has a second bachelor degree (he has two degrees), and we only validated one of them through WES. Would he benefit from validating the second degree?

Also, we are ready to look for a job in Canada, we appreciate your suggestions on the process! Good luck everyone!

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
Hello! It is a brave choice to apply for immigration and I wish you guys all the best! I think the best thing to do is to apply for a provincial nomination. That will give you around 500 additional points. You can read about that stream here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html

Best of luck!
You are very kind! Thank you so much for sending this to me! We are trying to stay positive and we'll give it our best shot. We'll definitely attempt to get a provincial nomination.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
So, we both are over 35 years old, which makes it very hard for us to get a good score, but we are still trying. I have not yet taken the french test, though my current level is a b1. What else could we do to improve our score? My husband has a second bachelor degree (he has two degrees), and we only validated one of them through WES. Would he benefit from validating the second degree?

Also, we are ready to look for a job in Canada, we appreciate your suggestions on the process! Good luck everyone!
Old? I applied and got ITA at 39!
Who’s the main applicant?
With both degrees being bachelors, it will not make a difference. Did you validate a degree for yourself ?
How were your English tests as far as score go? Having a minimum of CLB9 on all sections gives you an extra 50 points if I remember correctly. Also if you are the main applicant, you should take the TEF test because on top of the points for the test itself you can get up to an additional 50 points for being bilingual!
More info https://www.immigroup.com/news/get-50-crs-points-express-entry-french-language-skills

Last edited:

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Old? I applied and got ITA at 39!
Who’s the main applicant?
With both degrees being bachelors, it will not make a difference. Did you validate a degree for yourself ?
How were your English tests as far as score go? Having a minimum of CLB9 on all sections gives you an extra 50 points if I remember correctly. Also if you are the main applicant, you should take the TEF test because on top of the points for the test itself you can get up to an additional 50 points for being bilingual!
More info https://www.immigroup.com/news/get-50-crs-points-express-entry-french-language-skills
Both degrees being bachelors can absolutely make a big difference. You should get both assessed by WES. If you are assessed as having two degrees, you will get many more points than just one.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Both degrees being bachelors can absolutely make a big difference. You should get both assessed by WES. If you are assessed as having two degrees, you will get many more points than just one.
You will still likely be short of where you need to be to get an ITA in a general FSW draw but might be in striking range if you have an NOC that a province (or revamped FSW program) wants

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
You will still likely be short of where you need to be to get an ITA in a general FSW draw but might be in striking range if you have an NOC that a province (or revamped FSW program) wants
Exactly. They would get to about 430. It’s been close to 3 years since the score for ITA dipped to the 430s

Reactions: guelphite

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Exactly. They would get to about 430. It’s been close to 3 years since the score for ITA dipped to the 430s
Yeah, their only chance is NOC-specific draws (at either PNP or revamped FSW level). I suppose if they get to 430 then become fluent in French, they might be in range as well, but obviously that takes time.