+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Asking on behalf of my friend.

I came to Canada in 2019 and claimed refugee i was give a date for hearing but then got cancelled as i had also made a claim in UK in 2007 so i got PRRA.The CBSA gave me PRRA and took my refugee claimaint ID ( Brown Paper)as i was a not a refugee claimant anymore now i have moved to Alberta from Ontario and i went to CBSA office to give me PRRA ID as i am waiting on my hearing for PRRA but they told me that we dont give any brown paper (The claimant ID to PRRA applicants)I tried to explain them that everyone has it why i am not getting it they kept on telling me that here in Alberta i have never seen that paper.This is so strange i am a depression patient and i have to go to a doctor but i cant as i don't the ID to claim the IFHP.Please help me in this regard i am so depressed i have also submitted my PRRA application and now waiting on the decision but i dont know how long would it take everywhere i go they ask me for 2nd piece ID but Alberta CBSA is telling me we don't issue Brown Paper to refugee claimaints

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Cbsa don’t issue brown paper. Ircc or irb does. Have you contacted ircc or irb? Brown paper is given after refugee eligibility interview. I suggest talk to ircc

Reactions: scylla and itzdrmac

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Asking on behalf of my friend.

I came to Canada in 2019 and claimed refugee i was give a date for hearing but then got cancelled as i had also made a claim in UK in 2007 so i got PRRA.The CBSA gave me PRRA and took my refugee claimaint ID ( Brown Paper)as i was a not a refugee claimant anymore now i have moved to Alberta from Ontario and i went to CBSA office to give me PRRA ID as i am waiting on my hearing for PRRA but they told me that we dont give any brown paper (The claimant ID to PRRA applicants)I tried to explain them that everyone has it why i am not getting it they kept on telling me that here in Alberta i have never seen that paper.This is so strange i am a depression patient and i have to go to a doctor but i cant as i don't the ID to claim the IFHP.Please help me in this regard i am so depressed i have also submitted my PRRA application and now waiting on the decision but i dont know how long would it take everywhere i go they ask me for 2nd piece ID but Alberta CBSA is telling me we don't issue Brown Paper to refugee claimaints
Hi - your friend isn't a claimant for Convention refugee status because of the earlier claim in the UK. Because the person is ineligible to make a claim in Canada then there aren't any of the benefits that are associated with being a refugee claimant. It's really just that simple.

PRRA is a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment which means that he has the opportunity to provide evidence of any risk that may exist since they intend to remove him some time soon. PRRA is only initiated by the CBSA when they believe that they're in a position to remove the person to their country of citizenship.

Medical costs? They're your friend's responsibility. He might qualify for a work permit (I'm not certain about this) because he's destitute, and maybe that would lead to some sort of qualification for provincial health care, however by moving to the Prairies he has likely accelerated the processing of the PRRA because there are fewer PRRA cases in that region of Canada. PRRA is centralized and IRCC will prioritize those cases for each region in order to keep the CBSA busy.

If he has evidence that he is at risk upon return then he'll be permitted to remain in Canada and apply for permanent residence. If he lacks that evidence, then he'll be deported. If he tries to go underground then there's a nation-wide warrant for his arrest issued.

If he's truly depressed then he should not do anything that will see him incarcerated and forcibly removed from Canada. Still, it happens all of the time and people are always shocked when they're arrested.

What country is your friend from?

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Hi - your friend isn't a claimant for Convention refugee status because of the earlier claim in the UK. Because the person is ineligible to make a claim in Canada then there aren't any of the benefits that are associated with being a refugee claimant. It's really just that simple.

PRRA is a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment which means that he has the opportunity to provide evidence of any risk that may exist since they intend to remove him some time soon. PRRA is only initiated by the CBSA when they believe that they're in a position to remove the person to their country of citizenship.

Medical costs? They're your friend's responsibility. He might qualify for a work permit (I'm not certain about this) because he's destitute, and maybe that would lead to some sort of qualification for provincial health care, however by moving to the Prairies he has likely accelerated the processing of the PRRA because there are fewer PRRA cases in that region of Canada. PRRA is centralized and IRCC will prioritize those cases for each region in order to keep the CBSA busy.

If he has evidence that he is at risk upon return then he'll be permitted to remain in Canada and apply for permanent residence. If he lacks that evidence, then he'll be deported. If he tries to go underground then there's a nation-wide warrant for his arrest issued.

If he's truly depressed then he should not do anything that will see him incarcerated and forcibly removed from Canada. Still, it happens all of the time and people are always shocked when they're arrested.

What country is your friend from?
Thanks for the detailed answer but you are missing on the part i have asked for the problem every PRRA applicant in Canada has the Brown Paper ID which he doesn't have we asked CBSA and they didn't know if they provide one so that's what we are looking for and just to clarify PRRA applicants are eligible for IFHP as well.He is from Pakistan

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thanks for the detailed answer but you are missing on the part i have asked for the problem every PRRA applicant in Canada has the Brown Paper ID which he doesn't have we asked CBSA and they didn't know if they provide one so that's what we are looking for and just to clarify PRRA applicants are eligible for IFHP as well.He is from Pakistan
Thanks - I learned something that was new to me. The Brown Paper ID must have some other name, do you have any information as to what it's actually called?

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
They dont issue brown refugee paper who apply PRRA.
Second id can be province Id card/driving license/credit card. Passport copy can also be used. He wont get medical coverage. He can visit community centers in city.
PRRA has no time limit. Get work permit and start working.

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is because they first applied for asylum and were eligible for asylum. You only qualified to apply for PPRA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They dont issue brown refugee paper who apply PRRA.
Second id can be province Id card/driving license/credit card. Passport copy can also be used. He wont get medical coverage. He can visit community centers in city.
PRRA has no time limit. Get work permit and start working.
Only some locations have free health services to people without access to provincial healthcare. They aren’t necessarily located in community centres and most community centres don’t have health centres and free health centres. Would google free health services for people not covered by the local provincial health plan (eg. OHIP in Ontario) and your city. Many of these clinics are volunteer run and maybe once a week on the weekend for example.

Rokiatou

Nov 21, 2023
Hi everyone,
I did my asylum claim at the airport in Toronto, I was given an acknowledgment, but no brown paper. And now it’s five months that was since July 13, 2023, I have finished all my paperwork and medicals before August 6, 2023. and my background checks was completed since August 08, 2023, but still am not given any brown paper no am I called for anything, am leaving in a shelter in Ottawa and am pregnant, my due date is February, I have many opportunities for housing but it all ends up being declined, due to the fact that I don’t get a brown paper. i have called CBSA they said am still in progress and waiting for an interview but am getting closer to my due date everyday and am scared of giving birth at a hotel where I might end up at. I need help