+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT *** Super visa and pause in immigration for parents and grandparents

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zstudent said:
I have applied sponcership for my parents and 20 year old sister in 2009. I was about to apply for multiple entry visit visa. Should I wait for the new SuperVisa until the application forms become available?
Not sure if the SuperVisa is for new applicants or does it also apply to aplicants who's sponcership is already in progress?
As the super visa is starting on 1st Dec 2011, I think you will find it is for new applicants.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minsky said:
will this take effect also for newly landed immigrants?
I think so. But how about if this would affect provincial nominees programs (family connections) such as the below?

http://www.nlpnp.ca/family.html

danhass said:
Thanks @ Baloo ... this is an excellent news of today!

@ steaky ... i think it is not too bad ... in fact overall effect is good for people who want to bring their parents and/or grandparents ... lemme explain:

now you tell me what is better?
- 8-10 years wait w 5 year multiple-visit-visa and 6 month-per-visit
- 3-5 years wait w 10 year multiple-visit-visa and 24 month-per-visit

now there is still assumption that processing time would drastically reduce ... it's not a weak assumption because we have seen this in FSW cases too (if you look at pre-Feb-2008 and post-Feb-2008 processing times) ... i think this govt is taking serious steps to fix the immigration system
If CIC wants to speed up the processing time, it should not be at the expense of new sponsorship applications or new comers. Instead CIC should increase the number of personnels to handle the cases. In turn it should help to reduce the unemployment rate of Canada which is currently 7.3% 8)

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
I wonder how this would effect the existing applications. My mother's PR application is in Singapore and at the last stage. Medical is done as well (June,2011). I have submitted my income details as per their request in September but no replies as of now. May be this new announcement has something to do with it. I just hope they process previous applications as usual.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Baloo said:
That is also my view, after two years of no admissions, any amount of parental immigration will seem better.
To simply state a two year moratorium would have drawn a lot of fire, the way it has been done is politically astute (please note that I did not say correct).

I would also expect that things like mandatory medical insurance may start turning up in other immigration streams.
Sure will since a one year visitor health insurance for a 66 year old is over $2000 per year.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I am not in favor of allowing more parents and grand parents into Canada UNLESS the sponsor(s) pay for the medical premiums and that they not be allowed social services and also not be allowed to apply for OAS after 10 years as is the case now. Right now, landed parents and grandparents are allowed to get old age pensions and the supplement after 10 years in Canada even tho they never worked and contributed to the social safety net! That's over $1800 a month for 2 married seniors!! Canada is already 570 billion in debt. Do we want to end up like Greece, Italy, Spain Portugal and Ireland who are close to bankrupcy?

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
I would also expect that things like mandatory medical insurance may start turning up in other immigration streams.
The only reason these ten-year visas can require mandatory medical insurance for so long is because they don't cause the bearers to become permanent residents. Permanent residents (and returning citizens) qualify for coverage after a maximum three-month waiting period. You'd have to change the Canada Health Act to make it so that permanent residents require private insurance beyond three months.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YorkFactory said:
The only reason these ten-year visas can require mandatory medical insurance for so long is because they don't cause the bearers to become permanent residents. Permanent residents (and returning citizens) qualify for coverage after a maximum three-month waiting period. You'd have to change the Canada Health Act to make it so that permanent residents require private insurance beyond three months.
I would not exclude this possibility.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
I would not exclude this possibility.
It wouldn't surprise me if they overreach in this way, but I doubt they'd be returned with a majority in 2015 if they screw things up.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YorkFactory said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they overreach in this way, but I doubt they'd be returned with a majority in 2015 if they screw things up.
There are plenty of other things that may prevent them from returning to power, but you should never underestimate the capacity of voters to do something stupid (for any party).

"Overreach" is my guess for the future. Remember the phrase "has to be sustainable" those words can cover a lot of ground!

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder why they did not include PRs and it's only for Canadian citizens when PRs are able to sponsor parents.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caribgrl55 said:
I wonder why they did not include PRs and it's only for Canadian citizens when PRs are able to sponsor parents.
Both Canadian citizens and PR, according to this poster:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/petition-for-super-visa-for-parents-and-grandparents-t87280.0.html;msg1091974#msg1091974

but is it limit only to those parents and grandparents already submitted their immigration applications prior to Nov 5, 2011? Or any parents/grandparents of PR/Canadian citizen regardless they are already waiting or not, as long as they met the below factors, can apply for the Super Visa?

- the person's ties to the home country,
- the purpose of the visit,
- the person's family and financial situation,
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country, and
- invitations from Canadian hosts.
- provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold,
- prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada, and
- complete an Immigration Medical Examination (IME), if they have been living in a country/territory on the Designated Country/Territory List.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Dear Experts,
Please clarify the following queries. Its very urgent. I shall be very thankful to you.I am going to apply for Super Visa of my parents

1- Which forms do I need to fill out for both father and mother ?
2- Use of Representative form (IMM5476E) need to fill for both mother and father or it will be only for one.(I am helping to fill their application so I will be their representative.
3- Authority to release personal information form (IMM5475E) need to fill for both or only one.(As I am going to get authority in case their visa refuse at least i can get some information).

Your reply will be highly appreciated.