+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important REFUGEE QUESTIONS. Help!

s.a.bajwa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Hello!
Im Planning to go to Canada this May'13, on A student Visa. I want to apply for assylum, as Im an Ahmedi And the situation in my country is very negative and harsh for us. Not only for me but other Ahmedi Muslims aswell. You Can't even live freely here, you always have a fear of being killed if anyone comes to know that you belong to Ahmedyiia Community. We have subject to unequal treatment and punishment by Law. I just Can't live here anymore

It will be really helpfull if you guide me
i have these questions:
1) how? and When Should I apply for the Assylum, once I reach Canada? (im Planning to apply for it after 2 or 3 days when I reach Canada)???

2)If Incase God Forbid, my case is denied, can I appeal or reapply? because I Don't wanna come back here in the mess again!???

3)Is it true that you get your assylum fast in the cities where there is less population. e.g Winipeg or other cities of Manitoba ?
Please help! any kind of information will truly be helpfull.
May God be with All of you.
Love for All Hatred for None.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
s.a.bajwa said:
Hello!
Im Planning to go to Canada this May'13, on A student Visa. I want to apply for assylum, as Im an Ahmedi And the situation in my country is very negative and harsh for us. Not only for me but other Ahmedi Muslims aswell. You Can't even live freely here, you always have a fear of being killed if anyone comes to know that you belong to Ahmedyiia Community. We have subject to unequal treatment and punishment by Law. I just Can't live here anymore

i have these questions:
1) how? and When Should I apply for the Assylum, once I reach Canada? (im Planning to apply for it after 2 or 3 days when I reach Canada)???

2)If Incase God Forbid, my case is denied, can I appeal or reapply? because I Don't wanna come back here in the mess again!???

3)Is it true that you get your assylum fast in the cities where there is less population. e.g Winipeg or other cities of Manitoba ?
1. ASAP
2. In case if God forbids your case - u can't appeal, cuz God is: The Almighty, The Judge and The Utterly Just.
3. Very difficult to say, each case could be different. Sometimes big cities process faster than small ones, sometimes claimants spend many years in the big cities watining for a hearing, so u can't predict

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
s.a.bajwa said:
Hello!

i have these questions:

There is no guarantee your refugee application will be accepted. It could very well be refused and then you will be sent home.

If you already have a study visa, why don't you just stay in Canada as a student, complete your studies, qualify for a post graduate work permit, complete one year of work experience and then apply for PR through Canadian Experience Class? This seems like the far smarter choice.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
s.a.bajwa said:
Hello!

i have these questions:

Unfortunately "negative" treatment doesn't qualify for refugee status. You have to show a lot more than that.

If you're a true refugee, you can apply without even going to Canada.

You're ruining your chances to ever return to Canada if you go this route. Canada has "fast tracked" the reject refugee process. They're being sent back faster than ever. Unless you have that checklist down to a tee, don't even think about it. (If you haven't been hospitalized and have records, your chances are poor.) Not only will you ruin your chances to ever visit Canada again, but probably the USA as well because the two countries share information.

It would be much better to enter as a student, do your studies, and then get a work permit after graduation. You can earn PR that way as well.

s.a.bajwa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
scylla said:
There is no guarantee your refugee application will be accepted. It could very well be refused and then you will be sent home.

If you already have a study visa, why don't you just stay in Canada as a student, complete your studies, qualify for a post graduate work permit, complete one year of work experience and then apply for PR through Canadian Experience Class? This seems like the far smarter choice.
Im a true refugee and I just don't know what proof should I provide them?
I can't pay the 4 year degree fee, I can barely pay the 2 years fee! :/

s.a.bajwa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
amikety said:
Unfortunately "negative" treatment doesn't qualify for refugee status. You have to show a lot more than that.

If you're a true refugee, you can apply without even going to Canada.

You're ruining your chances to ever return to Canada if you go this route. Canada has "fast tracked" the reject refugee process. They're being sent back faster than ever. Unless you have that checklist down to a tee, don't even think about it. (If you haven't been hospitalized and have records, your chances are poor.) Not only will you ruin your chances to ever visit Canada again, but probably the USA as well because the two countries share information.

It would be much better to enter as a student, do your studies, and then get a work permit after graduation. You can earn PR that way as well.
Bro I don't need to lie that Im a True refugee, I just want to know that what should I provide them with to convince them? like what ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to provide concrete evidence that shows that you yourself have been targetted and your life is in danger. Things like: police reports naming you, hospitalization records naming you, newspaper articles mentioning you, etc.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
s.a.bajwa said:
Bro I don't need to lie that Im a True refugee, I just want to know that what should I provide them with to convince them? like what ?
If you don't know the criteria, then you can't declare yourself a refugee by Canadian Law. You need to find out what the criteria is first, because like I said, if you're rejected, you can forget any future visits or studies in Canada and probably the USA.

s.a.bajwa

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
scylla said:
You need to provide concrete evidence that shows that you yourself have been targetted and your life is in danger. Things like: police reports naming you, hospitalization records naming you, newspaper articles mentioning you, etc.
Thankyou I have some of these things with me.