+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important question

Mail2kriti

Jan 26, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if my bro has to apply for September intake MS electronics then are the applications being taken and which is the best college and uni...!!!!

Thanks

sunny11

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mcmaster university
University of toronto
ryerson university
Mcgill university
university of british colombia
university of alberta
York university
Simon Fracer University
university of westren onterio
concordia university
There and many more... search on google
Canada has a very good standard of education and i personally prefer universities over colleges if you're willing to work hard.

tiger007

Champion Member
Mail2kriti said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if my bro has to apply for September intake MS electronics then are the applications being taken and which is the best college and uni...!!!!

Thanks

Hi,

Most Canadian universities need B grade or minimum 60% in final 2 years of B.tech degree for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some may require IELTS score of overall 7) for applying to engineering Master degrees. They DO NOT require GRE. Some, universities like the university of Manitoba, Memorial university consider min. 55% in final 2 years as equivalent to B grade.
Example: (Univ. of Manitoba international equivalency chart)- http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/facultyinfo/assess/view.php?cid=20
However, meeting just the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. The higher your brother's B.Tech scores are, more his chances of getting admission.

Your brother can pursue a course based 1-1.5 years length M. Eng master degree OR research oriented, thesis based 2 years long MaSc./Msc. degree. The research based degrees are usually much more competitive, where one generally needs to show some knack for research (like published papers) and selected students usually get partial or full funding.

You can see the general rankings of Canadian universities to get an overall idea.. as to which universities are reputed.
For example: http://www.university-list.net/canada/rank/univ-7007.htm
www.4icu.org/ca/

Your brother can consider applying to M.Eng (Electronics, Electrical or even CS - depending upon the course structure and approval by specific universities) programs OR Research based Master degrees in ANY of the recognized public universities across Canada.

Here's the list of ALL recognized Canadian educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP, listed according to province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Your brother must go through the university department websites, contact the university departments to know more such as course content, graduate degree options, deadlines, tuition fees, admission procedure etc. Your brother will have to do the hard work to find the type of programs and select a list of say atleast 4-6 universities, he may consider applying to.

The application submission date for Fall 2013 (Sept) start in most universities is already long over, and your brother should consider applying for 2014 Fall intake, for which ususally the last date can be anywhere between Nov 1 2013 (for research based programs) to Feb 1 2014 (for course based).

Best of Luck.

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.