+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Question! Please help!

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Im on a closed work permit! The situation at my job is getting out of hand, they know Im going soon, ao they started giving terrible shifts and bad hours. I dont really want to be here, I already sent my passport to CIC last week, just waiting for it to come back!

If I quit before doing landing, will it affect my chances of getting my PR?

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diegof09 said:
Im on a closed work permit! The situation at my job is getting out of hand, they know Im going soon, ao they started giving terrible shifts and bad hours. I dont really want to be here, I already sent my passport to CIC last week, just waiting for it to come back!

If I quit before doing landing, will it affect my chances of getting my PR?
i understand your situation as closed work permit holders are really in tough time. (so many cases including me i knew).
i would suggest that dont quit this job as some time border office ask or call (u never know what happen so safe side is good side)
take leave with any reason for week or 2 weeks. u r about to done. i dont think there will be any issue but still insist you that keep
carry your status.good luck.

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
I am agree with delta304, but one addition once you got your visa make sure take some latest evidence so that you can provide border officer that u still work with them, because one of my friend have similar situation and when border office call this employer they refused that he is working with them but for the safe side he shows his latest pay stub stating which state that he is working till last week. then what happen to that employer is horrible. So don't worry just manage with this couple of weeks.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks, I think that is what I will have to do. Its just that I can see my manager just trying to screw me over and it makes me mad. I hope I get tracker activated before weekend.