+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important query about POE Introduction letter for study permit‏

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Greetings,

I have an important query about the POE Introduction letter for study permit that was emailed to me by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. What has me puzzled is that in the letter, the section "Permit Details" indicated "Type: Permit - WP / Permis - PT". And based on my research "WP" stands for work permit and I have a friend that received her letter recently and it states "SP" which stands for study permit. I am worried if this may be an error. Because I applied online for a study permit made outside of Canada. As my primary objective in Canada is to study at a post-secondary institution and secondary is working part time. Any timely assistance would be sincerely and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
David L

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
DavidL said:
Greetings,

I have an important query about the POE Introduction letter for study permit that was emailed to me by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. What has me puzzled is that in the letter, the section "Permit Details" indicated "Type: Permit - WP / Permis - PT". And based on my research "WP" stands for work permit and I have a friend that received her letter recently and it states "SP" which stands for study permit. I am worried if this may be an error. Because I applied online for a study permit made outside of Canada. As my primary objective in Canada is to study at a post-secondary institution and secondary is working part time. Any timely assistance would be sincerely and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
David L
You're right, WP is for Work Permit, SP is for Study Permit. Just have the Letter of Introduction printed & tell CBSA that there was an error or what is your purpose which is to study.

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Greetings,

Thanks for replying.Well if CBSA wont take it as a big issue and turn me back when I tell them I'm actually in Canada for studying.Then I take your advice. Was a bit worried, find it strange they made such a mistake. Have you ever heard of any similar incident?

Best Regards,
David Lopez

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Please contact the embassy

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
No need to worry & don't waste your time & energy in contacting the embassy. If that's an error, it's on Letter of Introduction. You, will be given a SP on your arrival & that is the document that should matter.

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
DavidL said:
Greetings,

Thanks for replying.Well if CBSA wont take it as a big issue and turn me back when I tell them I'm actually in Canada for studying.Then I take your advice. Was a bit worried, find it strange they made such a mistake. Have you ever heard of any similar incident?

Best Regards,
David Lopez
You're welcome, haven't heard of similar case as yours, just update here when you arrive, thanks & good luck, you should be ok.

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Greetings,

I actually got in contact with my embassy some time ago about the matter.Just as a precaution since I could just email and it wouldn't take much from me.Turns out it was an error they said and they apologized and gave me a new letter via email.So that did work out. Thanks again guys.

Sincerely,
David L

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
DavidL said:
Greetings,

I actually got in contact with my embassy some time ago about the matter.Just as a precaution since I could just email and it wouldn't take much from me.Turns out it was an error they said and they apologized and gave me a new letter via email.So that did work out. Thanks again guys.

Sincerely,
David L
That's good & thanks for the update.