+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important: Passport request email on my roommate's email id

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
Hello All,

I live in Canada and I submitted my application for PR under Express entry on October 15th, 2017. Currently, my application status is in progress.

I received all other emails regarding my application on my personal email id. But for the passport request (weirdly), my old roommate got an email. He received an email from CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>. All the information inside that email was accurate and about my application.

I am so confused about the reason on why my friend received passport request email and not me. Because I have received other emails about application updates.

Please help. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Dhaval

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
I would really appreciate if someone can reply me here today. I am getting little nervous. Thanks in advance.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
I would raise a CSE using IRCC webform (link here) and/or email CPC Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) to get clarification about this weird issue. Also, you may ask to get the PPR sent again to your email address that is used in the application. Keep in mind that they take some time (1-2 weeks) to respond to these enquires. Good Luck!

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
Ok. Do you think I should send my passport as per the request or should I wait until I get the PPR on my email address?

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
I would raise a CSE using IRCC webform (link here) and/or email CPC Ottawa (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) to get clarification about this weird issue. Also, you may ask to get the PPR sent again to your email address that is used in the application. Keep in mind that they take some time (1-2 weeks) to respond to these enquires. Good Luck!
Ok. Do you think I should send my passport as per the request or should I wait until I get the PPR on my email address?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
All this is a personal opinion.
First, send the CSE right now.
Second, I see from your other posts that you are in Canada. So, why don't you call IRCC and ask. It will take some time but you will talk to an agent if you try many times. This is the fastest way to figure this out and if you are not lucky enough to talk to an agent, just wait until you hear back from them regarding the CSE.
BTW, have you ever used your roommate's email to contact IRCC?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
You might have given his/ her email in previous applications. Yes, you can send your passport. As, your application has been approved and email is just the source to inform you.

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
All this is a personal opinion.
First, send the CSE right now.
Second, I see from your other posts that you are in Canada. So, why don't you call IRCC and ask. It will take some time but you will talk to an agent if you try many times. This is the fastest way to figure this out and if you are not lucky enough to talk to an agent, just wait until you hear back from them regarding the CSE.
Yes. I live in Canada and I am going to call IRCC on first thing Monday morning as they are closed now. I have never given his email address or used his email address to contact IRCC and that is why I am little skeptical.

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
You might have given his/ her email in previous applications. Yes, you can send your passport. As, your application has been approved and email is just the source to inform you.
Even if I have given his email address in previous application, I have my personal email address in my CIC profile, where they say to get any update, provide email id here.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Yes. I live in Canada and I am going to call IRCC on first thing Monday morning as they are closed now. I have never given his email address or used his email address to contact IRCC and that is why I am little skeptical.
So, this should be your plan in my opinion. CSE today, and a call on Monday. I become super cautious when it comes to passport which is a very important document specially when you live in a foreign county. Good Luck!

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Even if I have given his email address in previous application, I have my personal email address in my CIC profile, where they say to get any update, provide email id here.
This is something out of one's hand as during my application, some messages were in my email address and some were sent to my consultant. Secondly, it coyld be mistake by person who sent the message as they can see all the id's you provided.
This is not big issue, just update your profile with your email id and say them to delete your friends email id from your record.

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
So, this should be your plan in my opinion. CSE today, and a call on Monday. I become super cautious when it comes to passport which is a very important document specially when you live in a foreign county. Good Luck!
I have submitted CSE today.

Your enquiry has been successfully submitted. We will get back to you with answers to your questions as soon as possible.

If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Thank You.

Hopefully they will respond.

DhavalVyas

Jan 17, 2014
This is something out of one's hand as during my application, some messages were in my email address and some were sent to my consultant. Secondly, it coyld be mistake by person who sent the message as they can see all the id's you provided.
This is not big issue, just update your profile with your email id and say them to delete your friends email id from your record.
Yes I agree, it is out of anyone's hand right now. But because this was about passport request, that's why I am little concerned. I think I will call them on Monday and see what they have to say. If they say, they won't send me PPR again on my email address then I will send my passport I guess.