+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - Fee payment enquiry

Freshgraduate

Feb 16, 2012
Hi,

I just have to send a cheque for the application of a re-entry visa but i am a bit confused about something mentioned on the website. It says:

"Payment in Canadian Dollars must be made payable to: Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a bank in Canada."

I am really confused with the part " should be cleared on a bank in Canada", does that mean that my cheque should be from a Canadian bank or something? I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Freshgraduate said:
Hi,

I just have to send a cheque for the application of a re-entry visa but i am a bit confused about something mentioned on the website. It says:

"Payment in Canadian Dollars must be made payable to: Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a bank in Canada."

I am really confused with the part " should be cleared on a bank in Canada", does that mean that my cheque should be from a Canadian bank or something? I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

If you sent a Canadian $ cheque, it has to be payable by a bank in Canada. If you sent a foreign currency cheque, it doesn't

Freshgraduate

Feb 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind help.. But i was also asked to send a new signed Family Information form so does that mean that my family has to sign it as well?

sarah1003

Aug 5, 2011
You can get a bank draft addresed to the receiver general of canada from a canadian bank. Depending on the country there will be other options available as well. Make sure u look on the specific website for the country.
The family info form is just info on other family members whether they are joining u or not. You dont need their signatures.