+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important! ECA evaluation and ITA

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Hi all!

Hope you are all well.

So when I made my express entry profile I had my LLB degree and PG Diploma assessed from ECA. At that time I was doing my LLM hence it was obviously not assessed as I had not completed it. While I was waiting for ITA I completed my Masters and sent it for ECA to WES. While this evaluation was in process I received my ITA and I am currently in the process of collecting documents.

I was initially confused as to whether I should wait for my Masters ECA and then upload the documents or whether I should ust stick to what I had initially uploaded. I decided to just stick with what I had initially uploaded but I came across a thread in which it was stated that once you are given a new refernce number the old reference number does not work anymore and all assessments, new and old are linked to the new reference number (since its an upgrade of the report). This means that CIC will have notice of my Masters ECA as I will have to provide the new number as the old one will not show up in the database of WES and my application will get rejected.

I am waiting for my LLM ECA and will upload it once I get it. Also please note that for my masters the ccredits of PG Diploma were transferred.

Has anyone of you been in this situation where an upgrade credential was in process and you received an ITA? What did u do in this situation?

Responses will be highly appreciated.