Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
cic is proposing a change in p&g programs..
the points are ridiculous..
they suggest a fee of $40000 per person to sponsor.. means it will take 120000$ to sponsor 3 persons of your family.. its too much~!!!!!!!!!!

and they are suggesting increased income level for eligibility to sponsor parents & grandparents..
i somewhat agree but it should not be increased tooo much......

further more they also suggest that the sponsor must be citizen (3 years wait to apply for parents!!!!) thats ridiculous

there are a lot of other ridiculous suggestions..
while i agree that canada cant allow too much immigrants...
i do know that some people cheat the system and reap more social benefits and applications need to be limited.. but to certain extent..

TAKE THE SURVEY HERE

http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/PGP/?l=en

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the government emphasis too much on income levels and neglects the value of one's net worth.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
yes they do not understand that the dependents will work and pay tax in canada too

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
jatt-going-canada said:
yes they do not understand that the dependents will work and pay tax in canada too
dependants as in spouses children siblings yes but parents? let's b realistic....it's not easy to start all over and get a job which will pay good taxes for the gouverment when u r maybe 45....and even then for how long? soon the gouv will pay it back in pension no? not to mention grandparents (from their point of view anyway)....not to mention that the population is aging and they don't need even more

but i agree with steaky and ur other points....i think that income upfront is too much, but maybe the undertaking should b extended to cover the health care, pension etc....which again i doubt they can do since all canadians/pr's should have the same rights for free health care, so on....so it's really an issue and open for debate....no matter what the gouv does there will b a category of ppl unhappy....

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I think they shouldn't allow for so many different kinds of sponsorship. I think it's a bit crazy to expect people to pay that much, but at the same time, I understand the logic; they want to reduce the number of applicants, and thus the backlog.

In terms of family class, spousal sponsorships should always take priority.

Parents and grandparents should be separated and NOT processed at the same processing centre. This would give the priority back to the most important family class sponsorship - spousal. Why should I have to wait so long to get an approval to sponsor my wife? Why should my wife have to wait so long to get her visa? It's not fair.

IMO, parents and grandparents should NOT be given PR visas. There ought to be another kind of visa, but not permanent residency. It's too much of a strain on the system...

FS

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Fencesitter said:
I think they shouldn't allow for so many different kinds of sponsorship. I think it's a bit crazy to expect people to pay that much, but at the same time, I understand the logic; they want to reduce the number of applicants, and thus the backlog.

In terms of family class, spousal sponsorships should always take priority.

Parents and grandparents should be separated and NOT processed at the same processing centre. This would give the priority back to the most important family class sponsorship - spousal. Why should I have to wait so long to get an approval to sponsor my wife? Why should my wife have to wait so long to get her visa? It's not fair.

IMO, parents and grandparents should NOT be given PR visas. There ought to be another kind of visa, but not permanent residency. It's too much of a strain on the system...

FS
i agree - especially after i see now that bringing ur spouse or child to canada gets slower or slower cuz of people who bring other relatives while they r already reunited with the close family: husband and children

also the visa u say it's already in place so why more.....

i'm sure i'll get negative rating for this post....ohh well :p

Meo2.0

May 22, 2012
Whereas I agree that the duration one must sustain the minimum income should be longer and the minimum income should be higher. I even agree to that the sponsor should provide support for longer.

I think it's unreasonable to ask for $40,000.00 per person sponsored. I mean how many of us has $40,000.00 laying around that's $80,000.00 for both parents. This show an obvious preference for the rich and wealthy.

bbiery

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2011
Doc's Request.
5-3-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
26-04-2012/Decision Made 14-05-2012
There is supposed to be a preference for rich and wealthy in these categories. The parents and especially grandparents are too old to pay enough into the system to counter what they will drain in coming years. End of life treatment is the most expensive of all and the tax payers are funding that. If you can't afford 40000 then you can't afford the medical bills your parents and grandparents will accrue.