+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important and urgent:: Birth certificate for minor application??

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Hello all ,
I am submitting family application for citizenship within a week. My biological daughter ( 5 year old) application is included too. As per checklist of minor application I need to submit the birth certificate.

Is it true to submit birth certificate with her application l?

I want to reconfirm from u guys because u already went through this process.
She is not adopted daughter but she is biological daughter.

If not then should I uncheck this box in checklist of minor application.

Regards

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to submit a copy of a long form birth certificate as per instructions. It is mandatory and not optional.

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
You need to submit a copy of a long form birth certificate as per instructions. It is mandatory and not optional.
My daughter was not born in canada . She was born in her country of origin. She is Permanent Resident too. Now I am submitting her citizenship application with my application. She is my biological daughter.

Should I submit the her birth certificate from country of origin with her citizenship application?

Regards

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
My daughter was not born in canada . She was born in her country of origin. She is Permanent Resident too. Now I am submitting her citizenship application with my application. She is my biological daughter.

Should I submit the her birth certificate from country of origin with her citizenship application?

Regards
Yes, it is mandatory to send the Birth certificate. I lodged my application last month along with my minor daughter who wasn't born in Canada, we are Permanent Residents currently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why do you keep saying biological daughter. It is strange thing to say because everyone would just assume she was your biological daughter. Also a birth certificate shouldn’t be such a big deal. Is she actually your biological daughter? I was able to look back and unfortunately saw that one of your brothers had been killed and one applied for asylum in Canada which looks like it was refused. Is the daughter actually your child?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Regards
It’s up to you to send it or not but I’m 99.9% sure the application will return as incomplete. Your choice.

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
YES send the birth certificate from the country she was born!

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Birth cert is required to prove relationship between main applicant and child. 100% application will be returned unless birth cert is included.

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Why do you keep saying biological daughter. It is strange thing to say because everyone would just assume she was your biological daughter. Also a birth certificate shouldn’t be such a big deal. Is she actually your biological daughter? I was able to look back and unfortunately saw that one of your brothers had been killed and one applied for asylum in Canada which looks like it was refused. Is the daughter actually your child?
Thanks for reply .

Yes she is my real and actually daughter . As per guideline , birth certificate will be required to submit in the case of adopted child.
But it's not clear in checklist .

Could you please put some light on this issue then ll be appreciated.

Regards

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
But
Birth cert is required to prove relationship between main applicant and child. 100% application will be returned unless birth cert is included.
But relation had been already proved in the application PR .

In the guideline it is mentioned that birth certificate is required in the case adopted child.

But its not clear in the check list of citizenship application.

Regards

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
It’s up to you to send it or not but I’m 99.9% sure the application will return as incomplete. Your choice.
Did you check guideline where it is mentioned that child birth certificate is required in the case of adopted child.

But its not clear in checklist. Even daughter relation has been already proved in the PR application.

Regards

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check guideline where it is mentioned that child birth certificate is required in the case of adopted child.

But its not clear in checklist. Even daughter relation has been already proved in the PR application.

Regards
Hey, clearly there is something wrong you’re trying to omit. You’re welcome to call the help line and ask, or better, read the instructions that come with the application package online where is says:

Birth certificate or adoption order (in the case of adopted children)
The document must show:

• the child’s name,
  • date of birth,
  • place of birth and
  • the names of the parents or adoptive parents.
For adopted children living in Quebec, you must submit one of the following documents:

• jugement d’adoption
  • jugement sur requête en adoption
  • reconnaissance de jugement d’adoption
  • certificat d’inscription d’adoption
  • attestation d’adoption
  • lettre d’attestation d’adoption
Format: Clear and legible photocopy.

So your choice again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for reply .

Yes she is my real and actually daughter . As per guideline , birth certificate will be required to submit in the case of adopted child.
But it's not clear in checklist .

Could you please put some light on this issue then ll be appreciated.

Regards
Not sure why it is a big deal to include a birth certificate. It is a very common request. Even as someone born in Canada I am often asked to present a birth certificate.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
But

But relation had been already proved in the application PR .

In the guideline it is mentioned that birth certificate is required in the case adopted child.

But its not clear in the check list of citizenship application.

Regards
Well I provided a scan of my passport, my CELPIP cert and other items as part of my PR application and I had to provide them again for Citizenship.

The instruction guide states that

Birth certificate or adoption order (in the case of adopted children)
This means provide birth cert if child isn't adopted or adoption order if they are.

But you are free to send in the application without the birth cert and wait 1-3 months for it to be returned. Plenty of people on this forum have had applications returned for not including birth cert of minors.