+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Import car from US to Canada ( no car title )

Jan 6, 2014
Hi, this site is really useful!
So I am running into this issue, I got a urgent call to move temporarily to Montreal ( about 8 more months here) for work, I left my car in LA cause I was waiting for my car title to arrive, needless to say, DMV never sent it or got lost in the post office, but I have paid in full my car, got the paper work to prove that and the car is on my name, but no car title, can I still bring it over??

( I even re did the paperwork sent it AGAIN, but still, its useless with california DMV )

Many thanks
and happy 2014!

Steph :D

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
stphn.alvarado said:
Hi, this site is really useful!
So I am running into this issue, I got a urgent call to move temporarily to Montreal ( about 8 more months here) for work, I left my car in LA cause I was waiting for my car title to arrive, needless to say, DMV never sent it or got lost in the post office, but I have paid in full my car, got the paper work to prove that and the car is on my name, but no car title, can I still bring it over??

( I even re did the paperwork sent it AGAIN, but still, its useless with california DMV )

Many thanks
and happy 2014!

Steph :D
If you wish to import the car to Canada, then yes, you will need either the title to the car or some other similar document stating that you are the owner of the vehicle and such. You will have to deal with the DMV either way to legally import the car.

If you only wish to bring the car temporarily, then I don't think you will need the title, however you will need to have insurance and such that covers you while you are in Canada.