+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all,

So I got my AOR letter a few days ago and have linked up my application online.

My visitor visa has been processing for over a month now (even though it asked to be submitted no later than 30 days before expiry of current vias. My IEC expires on the 8th November). I submitted for the visitor visa to cover any potential gap in processing times and hearing back from IRCC; anything that would at least allow me to stay in the country while things are being looked over.

Both of my applications say they are 'in process'.

Is it my understanding that if a visa is 'in process' I am on implied status while a decision is being made?

Also, I submitted an application for an OWP with my permanent residency, and when I linked my application up online, it only has my permanent residency listed on there. Am I to assume that the OWP is part of that package?

Hope someone can answer those questions for me!

Thanks! :)

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
You do get implied status from your TRV application. You also get it from your OWP application. It does look like you applied for your OWP before your IEC expired, so you're good there.

You can attempt to link your OWP, but it's a separate link and you can try to do it with name, passport details, and residency set to "Canada."

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
So for the time being I am able to remain in Canada at least? It's just a waiting game now I suppose.

Thanks for the reply. :)

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Unless you are denied OWP and TRV and told by CIC that you must leave Canada, you have implied status. Just don't book a weekend getaway to Hawaii.