+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

implied status ?

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys,
Silly question (just to make sure), for inland application, when am I officially in implied status? thanks

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
When you have an active application for an open work permit. I'm guessing officially it would be when you get the email to link your work permit application which is usually on the same day you get your AOR for the PR application (assuming you applied for the work permit with it).

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
When you have an active application for an open work permit. I'm guessing officially it would be when you get the email to link your work permit application which is usually on the same day you get your AOR for the PR application (assuming you applied for the work permit with it).
thanks but I never got an email of AOR even though I reported to cic and they sent me an email saying they will reply to me within 10 business days but its been 2 weeks already I haven't heard anything from them still

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
thanks but I never got an email of AOR even though I reported to cic and they sent me an email saying they will reply to me within 10 business days but its been 2 weeks already I haven't heard anything from them still
Your signature says you've already linked your PR and OWP applications tho. So as long as you've linked them, means they received them and started processing.

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Your signature says you've already linked your PR and OWP applications tho. So as long as you've linked them, means they received them and started processing.
yes I do know they are processing them now but im not sure if im implied status also im wondering if they will resend aor to me cause I need it for my personal docs

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
You won't ever get AOR for the OWP. It's only for the PR app. The AOR does not mean you are on implied status, as applying for PR does not give implied status. As np08 said, since you've linked both applications, you should be fine and have no risk of the apps coming back to you. Should have your OWP sometime between end of September and Mid-October.

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
You won't ever get AOR for the OWP. It's only for the PR app. The AOR does not mean you are on implied status, as applying for PR does not give implied status. As np08 said, since you've linked both applications, you should be fine and have no risk of the apps coming back to you. Should have your OWP sometime between end of September and Mid-October.
I mean AOR for PR not for OWP. I never got it even though ECAS updated that they sent AOR to me on July 26 and I did report technical problem to cic but they didnt replied to me still. so im wondering if there is somehow they will resend AOR to me since I need it for my personal thing? also I wonder if im in implied status now since I was able to link both PR and OWP to my online account ? thanks !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I mean AOR for PR not for OWP. I never got it even though ECAS updated that they sent AOR to me on July 26 and I did report technical problem to cic but they didnt replied to me still. so im wondering if there is somehow they will resend AOR to me since I need it for my personal thing? also I wonder if im in implied status now since I was able to link both PR and OWP to my online account ? thanks !
What do you need proof of AOR for?

You are not on Implied Status for the simple fact that your visitor status is valid until November.

Reactions: simpsol22

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
What do you need proof of AOR for?

You are not on Implied Status for the simple fact that your visitor status is valid until November.
ohh how did you know my visitor status is valid until Nov ??
anyway so I will be in implied status only when my visitor expires ?
I need AOR to get my license and for my husband to add me to his health care account. they both asked for my AOR, they didnt accept the screenshoot showing that cic did send AOr to me on July 26

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ohh how did you know my visitor status is valid until Nov ??
anyway so I will be in implied status only when my visitor expires ?
I need AOR to get my license and for my husband to add me to his health care account. they both asked for my AOR, they didnt accept the screenshoot showing that cic did send AOr to me on July 26
You stated in a previous post that you entered in May. Standard is 6 months visitor status.

If your OWP doesn't arrive before your visitor status expires, then yes, you will have Implied Status after expiry.

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
You stated in a previous post that you entered in May. Standard is 6 months visitor status.

If your OWP doesn't arrive before your visitor status expires, then yes, you will have Implied Status after expiry.
Thanks !
I have another question, I got a reply from cic this morning saying the reason why they didnt send me AOR.
"We have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the principal applicant."
as I understand if I don't need a representative I don't need to fill in the form for that. So if they sent AOR to us they should have sent it straight to my husband (the sponsor). am I right?

Bar1996

Jan 21, 2022
Do I have to apply for implied status before my PGWP expire or after,? I am under PGWP and get job offer as an independent contractor not on pay roll , still Iam eligible to apply?

Aug 2, 2022
Hello All,

My PGWP expired on 19Dec2021. To be able to legally stay and work in Canada beyond 19Dec2021, I did the following:

1. Applied for Visitor Record on 18Nov2021.

2. Applied for LMIA based Work Permit on 17Dec2021. However, my LMIA application was in process, i.e., I had not yet received a positive LMIA.

The reason I applied for both Visitor Record and Work Permit was because I thought that if Work Permit application gets rejected then I won't have to leave Canada since Visitor Record application will be in process.

Since I applied for LMIA work permit before my PGWP expired I was on implied status and I thought I could continue working post 19DEC2021. Hence, I continued working in January 2022 till now.

However, a consultant recently told me that whichever application I apply for first is the one I have to abide by. Since I first applied for Visitor Record and then LMIA based Work Permit according to the consultant I would be considered a visitor post PGWP expiry hence I should not have worked in 2022. Does anyone know if this is correct? If you or someone you know has been in similar situation then what did they do? I'm worried it will impact my PR application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

My PGWP expired on 19Dec2021. To be able to legally stay and work in Canada beyond 19Dec2021, I did the following:

1. Applied for Visitor Record on 18Nov2021.

2. Applied for LMIA based Work Permit on 17Dec2021. However, my LMIA application was in process, i.e., I had not yet received a positive LMIA.

The reason I applied for both Visitor Record and Work Permit was because I thought that if Work Permit application gets rejected then I won't have to leave Canada since Visitor Record application will be in process.

Since I applied for LMIA work permit before my PGWP expired I was on implied status and I thought I could continue working post 19DEC2021. Hence, I continued working in January 2022 till now.

However, a consultant recently told me that whichever application I apply for first is the one I have to abide by. Since I first applied for Visitor Record and then LMIA based Work Permit according to the consultant I would be considered a visitor post PGWP expiry hence I should not have worked in 2022. Does anyone know if this is correct? If you or someone you know has been in similar situation then what did they do? I'm worried it will impact my PR application.
Wrong section of the forum. Post in the Foreigner Workers section.