+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

A question about implied status. We are about to send my husbands application for permanent residence along with application for OWP and his visitor's visa runs out january 31,2018.

Do you get implied status from when they receive the application, or from when you receive AOR? I hear AOR is taking about 3 months right now.

If implied status starts from when you receive AOR my husband would be out of status by that time and therefore submitting a trv extension would be best, but what happens if the trv extension is denied? Would that affect the owp.

I see there are many varying answers about when implied status starts so any clarification would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much! :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,

A question about implied status. We are about to send my husbands application for permanent residence along with application for OWP and his visitor's visa runs out january 31,2018.

Do you get implied status from when they receive the application, or from when you receive AOR? I hear AOR is taking about 3 months right now.

If implied status starts from when you receive AOR my husband would be out of status by that time and therefore submitting a trv extension would be best, but what happens if the trv extension is denied? Would that affect the owp.

I see there are many varying answers about when implied status starts so any clarification would be greatly appreciated!!

You get implied status from when you physically mail the OWP application. So once you mail it, you are under implied status so don't need to apply for visitor status extension.

If for any reason the OWP app is returned to you (either by your own error in filling in forms, wrong payment, or error from IRCC), then if this happens after Jan 31, 2018 you would then lose implied status and would be out of status. This means you'd need to fill in a Restoration of Status form along with next OWP app.

To protect against this, some people also apply for visitor status extension as a backup, just in case OWP is returned.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
You get implied status from when you physically mail the OWP application. So once you mail it, you are under implied status so don't need to apply for visitor status extension.

If for any reason the OWP app is returned to you (either by your own error in filling in forms, wrong payment, or error from IRCC), then if this happens after Jan 31, 2018 you would then lose implied status and would be out of status. This means you'd need to fill in a Restoration of Status form along with next OWP app.

To protect against this, some people also apply for visitor status extension as a backup, just in case OWP is returned.
Hello,

Following this thread as my wife is in similar situation. Her OWP was returned two days ago and we've resent it yesterday so Mississauga would receive it sometime today (via express post). I'm hoping it's the last return so she would be on implied status until OWP is approved. *anxiety provoking* haha... Canadasnk - let me know how it went / going for yas.