+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status?

nikyboy

May 7, 2015
I have applied for my PGWP, but my current student visa is going to expire soon. I did some research on this implied status, but I still don't have a clue. Do I apply for extending my student visa? That doesn't make sense b/c I have already graduated. Cheers.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are waiting for your PGWP then your are implied status after your student visa expire.

keep the proof that you sent pgwp app.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I'm in your same position. Not sure if we can work now or implied status? or even wait till we receive PGWP.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
I'm in your same position. Not sure if we can work now or implied status? or even wait till we receive PGWP.
you cannot work without work permit (any kinds- owp, pgwp etc)
can look for job but you can start to work when you have any kinds of work permit in your hands

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
You are allowed to work until you receive your work permit.

""Getting implied status
If Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) receives your application for a post-graduation work permit within 90 days of completing the requirements of your degree, you may work full-time while you wait for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.""

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
koolbnda said:
You are allowed to work until you receive your work permit.

""Getting implied status
If Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) receives your application for a post-graduation work permit within 90 days of completing the requirements of your degree, you may work full-time while you wait for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.""
I still find it to be a grey area.

How can an employer let me work and pay my salary without a work permit? Isn't SIN required as well, which related to your UCI/work permit?
For example, while I'm waiting for my PGWP and my study permit expires, SIN expires as well...how will I get salary?