+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status

JasonR

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,

I was originally on an Open Work Permit when I came to Canada. I then applied for, and received BC Provincial Nominee.
I applied for PR with my PNP letter, and applied for a Work Permit at the same time as my original Open Work Permit would expire during the waiting period for PNP.
The Work Permit I received had a restriction for my current employer. I would like to get an Open Work Permit instead, so that I can move to a different employer.

My question is:
If I apply for an Open Work Permit, is my Implied Status 'temporary worker with no employer restriction', or 'temporary worker with employer restriction'?

Thanks for your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JasonR said:
Hi,

I was originally on an Open Work Permit when I came to Canada. I then applied for, and received BC Provincial Nominee.
I applied for PR with my PNP letter, and applied for a Work Permit at the same time as my original Open Work Permit would expire during the waiting period for PNP.
The Work Permit I received had a restriction for my current employer. I would like to get an Open Work Permit instead, so that I can move to a different employer.

My question is:
If I apply for an Open Work Permit, is my Implied Status 'temporary worker with no employer restriction', or 'temporary worker with employer restriction'?

Thanks for your time.
No, if your PNP is based on your employer