+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status (visitor) with CSQ and Job offer

komostati

May 7, 2017
I'm currently on visitor record which will expire in Dec 31st. My CSQ should be out anytime this MONTH (Dec).

The plan:
-apply to extend the visitor record
-In January, I'll be on implied status with with CSQ in hand: I will apply for closed-work permit as well (will receive a job offer in January from an employer)
-Will also submit the PR application.

Is there anything against the law in my plan? In other words, having implied status waiting for visitor record extension is good enough to apply for the closed work permit and the PR?

Or everything needs to be done before the expiry of the current visitor record?

Thank you.

Last edited:

greyiee

Jul 30, 2019
CSQ does not grant you any residency status in Canada. Until you have your PR, you need to have a valid visitor visa or work permit to continue remaining in Canada.

Implied status started after you submit your application to extend visitor record. Until a decision is made for your application, you have implied status.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
To obtain the A75 you need to have a valid Work Permit at the moment of the submission.

Nandapinto

Jan 15, 2021
Brazil
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
To obtain the A75 you need to have a valid Work Permit at the moment of the submission.
Can I apply for a A75 if I have my CSQ, but Im in quebec just as a visitor? I have a job offer