+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status Question

mjw071284

Mar 21, 2015
I have an inland sponsorship application in for my partner and have a question about applying for another work permit through a different scheme. We sent the pr application along with an open work permit application on Dec 5th. Her post graduate work permit expired on Jan 15th so now she is on implied status. With the wait for spousal pr and owp being so long we want to apply for an owp for her through the new PGWP system set up due to covid. She is eligble for it as her PGWP just expired in Janurary, it would act as a back up incase of any problems with residency and she has friends that got it in weeks

My question is,on the come to canada questionaire where it asks current status what do I put for implied status? If I put temp resident visa it asks me for an expiry date which we do not have and if I put worker it asks when the her permit expired (Jan 15th 2020) Then when i fill question 7 on the imm5710 (Country of residence and status) it does not allow me to enter this date as it has to be a date in the future.