+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status & post graduate work permit application extension outside Canada.

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
I wasn’t given full validity due to passport expiry date. Hence, I applied for a post graduate work permit extension outside Canada on the 19th of October, 2020 after I renewed my passport. And I’m yet to receive a response.

My greatest worry is that I applied after my post graduate work permit expired, July 30th 2020 to be exact due to the inability to renew passport on time as a result of covid.

Anyone on the same boat?

Note: I wasn’t able to provide my bachelors certificate to further assist my application extension at the time because of finance. So I was working to pay my fees off before I rushed back home to see my dad who had stroke on February 2020. I had planned to return to Canada March 15, 2020 but international airports closed on the EXACT day due to covid. I’m presently stuck outsideThe struggle is actually real as an immigrant lol

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wasn’t given full validity due to passport expiry date. Hence, I applied for a post graduate work permit extension outside Canada on the 19th of October, 2020 after I renewed my passport. And I’m yet to receive a response.

My greatest worry is that I applied after my post graduate work permit expired, July 30th 2020 to be exact due to the inability to renew passport on time as a result of covid.

Anyone on the same boat?

Note: I wasn’t able to provide my bachelors certificate to further assist my application extension at the time because of finance. So I was working to pay my fees off before I rushed back home to see my dad who had stroke on February 2020. I had planned to return to Canada March 15, 2020 but international airports closed on the EXACT day due to covid. I’m presently stuck outsideThe struggle is actually real as an immigrant lol
Did you apply for an extension or a new PGWP? You can only apply for an extension if you are still holding a valid PGWP. I'm not 100% sure I understand all of your dates but if you did in fact apply for an extension after you original PGWP expired, then I'm not sure how that's going to work out. Good luck and hope your father is better.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Anyone on the same boat?

Anyone on the same boat?

Have you applied for GCMS notes? How were you able to get the PGWP without your proof of graduation?

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
Did you apply for an extension or a new PGWP? You can only apply for an extension if you are still holding a valid PGWP. I'm not 100% sure I understand all of your dates but if you did in fact apply for an extension after you original PGWP expired, then I'm not sure how that's going to work out. Good luck and hope your father is better.
I applied for an extension & restoration of status within the 90days frame.

Thank you! I hope for the best.

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
Luckily, Graduation letter was the proof. And no, I have applied for GCMS notes.
Have you applied for GCMS notes? How were you able to get the PGWP without your proof of graduation?

Luckily, Graduation letter was the proof. And no, I haven’t applied for GCMS notes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for an extension & restoration of status within the 90days frame.

Thank you! I hope for the best.
Sorry - I'm still a bit confused. Did you apply for this from outside of Canada? You can only submit a restoration application while in Canada.

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020

Anyone on the same boat?

I am in the same situation as you. Please, let me know if you have sorted it out. I applied for an extension last year after its expiry date and I got a rejection six months later. Probably, one of the reason of rejection is that I did not provide more details in the letter of explanation

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
I am in the same situation as you. Please, let me know if you have sorted it out. I applied for an extension last year after its expiry date and I got a rejection six months later. Probably, one of the reason of rejection is that I did not provide more details in the letter of explanation
Hey, sorry to hear that! And no, I haven’t received any response. But I will be applying for permanent residency.

Have you gained a full time Canadian work experience for 1 year or more? If yes, write the English test, and apply for PR.

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020
Hey, sorry to hear that! And no, I haven’t received any response. But I will be applying for permanent residency.

Have you gained a full time Canadian work experience for 1 year or more? If yes, write the English test, and apply for PR.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to work in Canada because my PGWP was only valid for 5 months. I travelled back home to renew my passport and I never made it back to Canada due to travel restrictions. I can still apply for PR but I need to get CLB9 to be eligible.

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to work in Canada because my PGWP was only valid for 5 months. I travelled back home to renew my passport and I never made it back to Canada due to travel restrictions. I can still apply for PR but I need to get CLB9 to be eligible.
Ok. What country are you in? Your country doesn’t have an embassy in Canada? If yes, was this stated in your letter? And of course, covid happened.

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020
Ok. What country are you in? Your country doesn’t have an embassy in Canada? If yes, was this stated in your letter? And of course, covid happened.
I live in Qatar. We don't have an embassy in Qatar. The documents are sent to the embassy in UAE.

My PGWP expired in May 2020. I couldn't fly because all the Canada visa centers were closed from the 15th of March to July, and I wasn't able to apply for VISA. I tried to extend it in June and received the rejection in late December. It got rejected for the following reasons

1. I applied after the PGWP expiry date.
2. Not eligible to fly to Canada due to COVID.

I haven't stated my reasons properly in the letter of explanation.

What do you think I should do in this case?

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
Ok. What are the remarks/observations on your PGWP document ??

I suggest you get in contact with a lawyer. I think you can find one on here! I wish you the very best.

The law firm is called Campbell Cohen. Here are the contact information I found on here under the search option “I WANT LEGAL HELP”.

“ General Inquiries
Phone: +1 (514) 937-9445
Fax: +1 (514) 937-2618
Toll-free in USA and Canada: 1-888-947-9445Business Inquiries
Phone: +1-(514) 937-4782
EMAIL US
Alternatively, you can email us.

All legal services are provided from our head office in Montreal.

Head Office & Mailing Address
Campbell Cohen Law Firm
1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200
Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada
H3Z 2A7 “

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020

I suggest you get in contact with a lawyer. I think you can find one on here! I wish you the very best.

The law firm is called Campbell Cohen. Here are the contact information I found on here under the search option “I WANT LEGAL HELP”.

“ General Inquiries
EMAIL US

Campbell Cohen Law Firm
H3Z 2A7 “
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I hope you get your PR soon

SA1526

Dec 21, 2020

“ General Inquiries
EMAIL US

Campbell Cohen Law Firm
H3Z 2A7 “
Hello. Did you get a reply regarding your PGWP application?