+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status in the Physical Calculator online

Oct 5, 2023
Hi,

I need some suggestions regarding filling up the physical presence calculator for Canadian Citizenship application. I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in 2019 while having a valid study permit. I applied for PGWP (within 3 months since graduation) and received it almost 6 months since the day of my graduation. I know that our study permit becomes invalid after 3 months from the day of our graduation. So, I was under the implied status for the last 88 days of these 6 months before I received my PGWP. My question is what is my status in those last 88 days? (A) International Student? But, the study permit is invalid after 3 months of graduation (B) Temporary Worker? But, I did not work during this period. (C) Temporary Resident Permit Holder?

PS: I was in Canada during those 88 days.

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023
Hello Everyone ,
I am really in a difficult situation. I came to canada with Open work permit and on 2020 I applied to renew the work permit. However it took long time and mean time on 2021 I received my PR while waiting for Renewal of OWP. Now, when i am trying to apply for citizenship online it asks did i apply for open work permit extension if i select yes it asks for date of approval if i select no then thats not true. What should i do ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone ,
I am really in a difficult situation. I came to canada with Open work permit and on 2020 I applied to renew the work permit. However it took long time and mean time on 2021 I received my PR while waiting for Renewal of OWP. Now, when i am trying to apply for citizenship online it asks did i apply for open work permit extension if i select yes it asks for date of approval if i select no then thats not true. What should i do ?
Did you receive your renewed WP after you got your PR ?

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone ,
First of all you should start your own thread, not hijack another persons. I suggest you select no, then include a LOE of the circumstances at the time.