+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status in IEC Pool?

StephanievdS

Sep 27, 2018
Hi there!

I live in Canada and currently have a work permit that will expire next week, October 16th. I'm trying to extend my stay for another year with a Young Professional Visa (IEC).
I've been a candidate in the IEC pool for the past four weeks and have not yet received my invitation to apply. If I don't receive my invitation to apply before the 16th of October (when my current visa runs out), do I have to leave the country? Or is being a candidate in the pool sufficient to receive implied status? Thanks for your help!
Steph

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!

I live in Canada and currently have a work permit that will expire next week, October 16th. I'm trying to extend my stay for another year with a Young Professional Visa (IEC).
I've been a candidate in the IEC pool for the past four weeks and have not yet received my invitation to apply. If I don't receive my invitation to apply before the 16th of October (when my current visa runs out), do I have to leave the country? Or is being a candidate in the pool sufficient to receive implied status? Thanks for your help!
Steph
Being in the pool does not give you implied status. Receiving an invitation doesn't give you implied status either. You should apply to change your status to visitor before your current IEC expires. This will allow you to remain in Canada legally after the IEC expires - although you'll have to stop working immediately after the IEC expiry date.