+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status for PGWP holder that applied for extension because it was issued till passport expiry date.

Mar 20, 2020
Hi I am currently on implied status because my PGWP expired on February 3rd and I applied for an extension as stated on previous work permit under remarks. It was only issued for two years and I studied a bachelor's degree in Canada. Now my question is will I still be able to continue working and accept a job while I wait for the renewal? Because the conditions of my previous permit state that I can work for any employer with no restrictions.( open work permit) . Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am currently on implied status because my PGWP expired on February 3rd and I applied for an extension as stated on previous work permit under remarks. It was only issued for two years and I studied a bachelor's degree in Canada. Now my question is will I still be able to continue working and accept a job while I wait for the renewal? Because the conditions of my previous permit state that I can work for any employer with no restrictions.( open work permit) . Thanks
When you received your PGWP did you contest the fact that you didn’t get 3 years or was this due to your passport expiring?

Mar 20, 2020
When you received your PGWP did you contest the fact that you didn’t get 3 years or was this due to your passport expiring?
It was because of my passport expiring. I applied for a new passport and then applied for an extension.

Last edited:

Chennyttran

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I'm in the same situation. My pgwp is only valid for 8 months dues to my passport expired. I have reapply online. But I read on the cic website that you have to apply by paper only. Is this true? Thank you