+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and leaving Canada

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I would like to know if there is someone in same situation as my husband and I...

We both left Canada while on Implied status and when we returned I was denied as a worker but my husband wasn't.

He was told that his application is processing and he keeps his implied status. (we both have signed for extension of a work permit, while new LMIA was processed)

I'm a litte confused about that because everywhere I read information about implied status, there is written that if you once leave Canada you cannot return as a worker.

Is there someone maybe who had same situation? Or this was a mistake of the officer?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Might have been a mistake, but yea, you can't continue on implied status if you leave Canada during that time.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
ladybug8888 said:
Hello,

I would like to know if there is someone in same situation as my husband and I...

We both left Canada while on Implied status and when we returned I was denied as a worker but my husband wasn't.

He was told that his application is processing and he keeps his implied status. (we both have signed for extension of a work permit, while new LMIA was processed)

I'm a litte confused about that because everywhere I read information about implied status, there is written that if you once leave Canada you cannot return as a worker.

Is there someone maybe who had same situation? Or this was a mistake of the officer?
Hi,
you can't travel outside Canada once on implied status otherwise you lose it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ladybug8888 said:

It's a little more nuanced than that, and depends on the stage of processing.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

But generally, yes, if you leave Canada on implied status, you lose that implied status.

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all replies :)

Hopefully we will get some more information about it from a lawyer, who we are going to contact.

I hope that even if the officer've made a mistake we won't be in trouble because of it.