+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and ITA

karimshari

Dec 6, 2016
My work permit is expiring on 2 dec 2019 and i am waiting for ita with 463 score. I am thinking to apply for work permit extension a week before my permit ends if i dnt have ITA. I am hoping to get ita by the time cic open my work permit extension file which is currently 104 days. My question is if i get ita after submiting my extension can i email my AOR to cic at that time to consider it?
Or i can’t accept ita at that time because i was not on implied status because i have submitted incomplete form?

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
Following. Want to know too. My work permit expires by Jan. So, will apply for an extension by Dec.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
My work permit is expiring on 2 dec 2019 and i am waiting for ita with 463 score. I am thinking to apply for work permit extension a week before my permit ends if i dnt have ITA. I am hoping to get ita by the time cic open my work permit extension file which is currently 104 days. My question is if i get ita after submiting my extension can i email my AOR to cic at that time to consider it?
Or i can’t accept ita at that time because i was not on implied status because i have submitted incomplete form?
From what I know you need AOR to apply for BOWP. You can even apply for it, one day before the expiry on your current work permit.
You can find more details here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
An ITA does not make you eligible for anything, other than to apply for PR. You are not eligible to apply for a BOWP until after you receive an ITA, submit a complete eAPR, and then receive an AOR (acknowledgement of reciept of application).

karimshari

Dec 6, 2016
An ITA does not make you eligible for anything, other than to apply for PR. You are not eligible to apply for a BOWP until after you receive an ITA, submit a complete eAPR, and then receive an AOR (acknowledgement of reciept of application).
Thanks for the reply
i do understand i need AOR to apply for BOWP.
What i am asking is if i get ita after submiting my extension can i email my AOR to cic at that time to consider it?

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Thanks for the reply
i do understand i need AOR to apply for BOWP.
What i am asking is if i get ita after submiting my extension can i email my AOR to cic at that time to consider it?

no anything after application submission specially for BOWP i believe is not considered. correct me seniors if i am wrong

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

No one will stop you from emailing it, but you will (almost) certainly be refused, and out-of-status retroactively to the date your work permit expired.

I say almost certainly, because sometimes VOs do make errors in favor of applicants. Strange things do sometimes happen, but I wouldn´t count on it.

???? I don´t know what implied status has to do with accepting an ITA.

You have 90 days after your work permit expires to restore status to a visitor. Unfortunately, if your work permit expires before you receive an AOR, you will not be eligible for the BOWP. Being on "implied status" with an invalid work permit application will not change that.

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
1. You are impossible to apply WP extension - BOWP without AoR. The orders should be done: EE profile is created -> get iTA if your CRS score meets -> submit a complete eAPR -> get AoR -> extend WP -> have implied status
2. If you could get AoR after your WP expired, you will loose your status as work permit holder. You have to apply to restore your status first and apply for WP extension then.
3. What i am asking is if i get ita after submiting my extension can i email my AOR to cic at that time to consider it?
I don't think this can happen based on your case. How can you submit an application of WP extension without AoR? Your score is 463 and the newest draw is 475 and it is expected not to drop down until the end of the year when your WP expires.

4. Or i can’t accept ita at that time because i was not on implied status because i have submitted incomplete form?
Implied status means your WP expired while you are waiting for the result of your PR application (no matter approved or not). If approved, congratulation. If not approved, your implied status ends and you have to leave out Canada because your WP expired, your BOWP extension and your PR application get rejected.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Hello,
In my case,
- my closed ICT work permit is going to expire on Sep 28th
- company has filed an extension on May 1st and I have extension application acknowledge & payment receipt from IRCC
- Still my work permit is valid (not expired and not on implied status)
- I received an ITA on June 25th and have 90 days to submit documents
So my question is,
if I accept an ITA and submit for PR application what will happen to my work permit extension that's already filed? will it be rejected after I apply for PR?
and what will happen if I go on implied status? Do I have to file BOWP after my work permit expires?

Reactions: saadullah.kashif