+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status and Date of PGWP

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
My friend studied a certificate course of only 10 months (became 1 year because of the summer break). He cannot afford to enroll for another course as it is too expensive.
Here are his questions:
1. Will the PGWP be only 10 months or 1 year (school actual date start and date end is 1 year - Feb 5 to Jan 25 the year after)?
2. When he applies for PGWP on February, will the PGWP document state that it starts on February or will the date be on the date it gets approved?

Reason asking is that the 60-100 days processing time for PGWP will technically increase his possible 10 month or 1 year PGWP to a longer time, giving him the 1 year CEC he needs for experience.

Any advise that he can use? Thank you!

quang940805

Jun 27, 2018
The PGWP will be issued on the day they approve it, the time for pending application does not include in the length of work permit. Your friend probably gets 1 year for PGWP. .

Reactions: IceD.

Chef David111

Apr 9, 2020
The PGWP will be issued on the day they approve it, the time for pending application does not include in the length of work permit. Your friend probably gets 1 year for PGWP. .
How do you know the time for pending application does not include in work permit length? I'm asking because mine was and i'm confused as to why.