Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016 (COPR issued date)
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
I have a question. I'm Sep 5 applicant. My BOWP is expiring in March. It looks like the PR process should be finalized by July.
Let's say I apply for a 2nd BOWP right before my current BOWP expires in March. So then I would be in implied status for 4 months until I have PR in July.

My question is,
1. Can I withdraw my BOWP application to get a refund once I get PR?
2. If yes, what would be my status for the months I was in implied status?
3. You don't receive child benefit if you are in implied status, so no child benefit March though June. If my PR get approved in July, will I be able to collect child benefit for the months of implied status if I withdraw BOWP application?

Thank you in advance!

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
getpr2014 said:
I have a question. I'm Sep 5 applicant. My BOWP is expiring in March. It looks like the PR process should be finalized by July.
Let's say I apply for a 2nd BOWP right before my current BOWP expires in March. So then I would be in implied status for 4 months until I have PR in July.

My question is,
1. Can I withdraw my BOWP application to get a refund once I get PR?Yes you can request for withdraw of the bopw application and request for refund.
2. If yes, what would be my status for the months I was in implied status?Implied Status.
3. You don't receive child benefit if you are in implied status, so no child benefit March though June. If my PR get approved in July, will I be able to collect child benefit for the months of implied status if I withdraw BOWP application? Are you sure about this ? one of my friend is receiving the UCCB benefit and EI even they are on implied status. Check with Service canada and CRA

Thank you in advance!

getpr2014

Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
13-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016 (COPR issued date)
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Thank you for your reply. Are you sure your friend received UCCB and EI while on implied status? They cut our child benefit when I was on implied status while waiting for the first BOWP approval. They later gave the benefit for the period when I sent a copy of the new BOWP.
I was wondering because at that time the BOWP start date was the last date of my previous PGWP, so technically I was not on implied status. However, if I get PR, the PR date won't be same as the last date of my current BOWP, right? If that's the case, will CRA still give me the child benefit for the months of implied status? Should I continue the BOWP process even if I get PR just to make sure I was legitimate all the time?

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
getpr2014 said:

My question is,
3. You don't receive child benefit if you are in implied status, so no child benefit March though June. If my PR get approved in July, will I be able to collect child benefit for the months of implied status if I withdraw BOWP application?

Thank you in advance!
You don't get child benefit once you are in implied state. That is for sure.
In my case I was in implied state for 3 months & didn't get child benefit but once I got BOWP I requested them to resume my old benefits since we didn't leave Canada & they resumed my old one too.

opolosis

Mar 31, 2015
getpr2014 said:

My question is,
3. You don't receive child benefit if you are in implied status, so no child benefit March though June. If my PR get approved in July, will I be able to collect child benefit for the months of implied status if I withdraw BOWP application? That is the more reason for you to either apply immediately so that it will overlap,then you will only be a few weeks on implied without UCCB. Just do it now

Thank you in advance!

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
You don't get child benefit once you are in implied state. That is for sure.
In my case I was in implied state for 3 months & didn't get child benefit but once I got BOWP I requested them to resume my old benefits since we didn't leave Canada & they resumed my old one too.
Hello. Thank you for the helpful info. Just wondering how long the process took once you sent the new bowp on cra account if you remember. Thank you so much for your kind reply kind reply in advance.