+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied Status - Am I in it?

marcelacota87

Apr 21, 2015
Hi Everybody,

I don't know what to do. My Working Holiday Visa expires this Friday, the 28th of April. I have already applied for the P.R. (I got my my Acknowledgement of Receipt yesterday, April 26). I also applied to extend my stay as a visitor six days ago. But now I am withdrawing it because I think I'm on Implied Status because I applied to the PR (before my current visa expires). So, my questions are:

- Am I in Implied Status?
- Can I work in Implied Status?
- Should I withdraw my Application to extend my stay as a visitor?

I would really appreciate all the help I can get!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm assuming you applied for PR through Express Entry. No - you don't have implied status because of the PR application. Submitting a PR application and receiving AOR doesn't give you implied status. At this point you would need to stop working as soon as your IEC expires.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
marcelacota87 said:
Hi Everybody,

I don't know what to do. My Working Holiday Visa expires this Friday, the 28th of April. I have already applied for the P.R. (I got my my Acknowledgement of Receipt yesterday, April 26). I also applied to extend my stay as a visitor six days ago. But now I am withdrawing it because I think I'm on Implied Status because I applied to the PR (before my current visa expires). So, my questions are:

- Am I in Implied Status? NO YOU ARE NOT IN IMPLIED STATUS SINCE YOU HAVE WITHDRAW YOUR VISITOR VISA
- Can I work in Implied Status? YOU ARE NOT IN IMPLIED STATUS
- Should I withdraw my Application to extend my stay as a visitor?

I would really appreciate all the help I can get!
I would recommend to submit the extension of your work permit asap. BOWP

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
marcelacota87 said:
Thank You for your reply olgac. Would my employer need to do a LMIA in order for the BOWP??
No, you will have to apply through your account in mycic under apply for work permit. You will need your medical test (same that you have for EE), passport scanned, IMM5710 (click on "an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer"), your AOR, your actual work permit and pay a fee of 255$.

There is a group in this forum with info about this

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
marcelacota87 said:
Thank You for your reply olgac. Would my employer need to do a LMIA in order for the BOWP??
Do it as soon as possible as you said your wp is expiring tomorrow I think your have to do right now. Otherwise you will be on restoration.

marcelacota87

Apr 21, 2015
I'm doing it right now. I am applying from my cic account, and I have filled out the right application form, and uploaded my passport, medical exam, and digital photo, but they are not asking me for my AOR or my actual work permit. I'm worried that there's something wrong.