+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

implementing yoga skills

Oct 29, 2010
if one has a lot of knowldge about yoga and is doin it over years ,,,,,,,can he teach it after getting immigratioin and landing in canada>>>>>>i.e>>>>>>teach as a physical trainer of yoga in any canadian institution or club>>>>>>>>>>>>and will i hav to show any certificate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Oh that is a good one ... I am sure you can make decent money if you would start your own Yoga school. If you need a good "receptionist" let me know :D

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oi awais paji first taxi business and now yoga business.....what next?

cono_sur

Star Member
Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think "yoga" is a regulated industry in Canada and doesn't require any certificates.

Oct 29, 2010
peolle really i hav some real yoga skills with proper training > all i need is a little guidance which i m sure will get me through>>>>>i was thinking of teaching yoga at any place>>>>>>>>>>>>

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
For Yoga lessons you better be in the "big" city. Either Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal, where you can get you clients too.

All you need is to buy/rent a big home where you 've the space for a Yoga class and with no "skyscraper" around you or a busy shopping mall or streets around and have your clients.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
CharlotteJ said:
For Yoga lessons you better be in the "big" city. Either Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal, where you can get you clients too.

All you need is to buy/rent a big home where you 've the space for a Yoga class and with no "skyscraper" around you or a busy shopping mall or streets around and have your clients.
Or, perhaps a less financially-risky way would be to give yoga classes at existing clubs, gyms, etc. Places where people already come to be fit.
Later, once you`ve built up a client base, you could follow Charlotte`s suggestion.

M

mrandmrsromero

Serious students seeking out yoga classes are generally looking for certified instructors, particularly in the bigger cities where there is tons of competition. Google "yoga certification" and see what you come up with.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
You will want to look at getting insurance, since most clubs/gyms/studios I taught at required me to show evidence of this (will cost around $200). There are a couple of companies that offer it specifically for yoga instructors but you will generally need a certificate to show at least 200 hrs teacher training to a standard (check out american yoga association for their membership details, I think this will cost around $75 annually - but this was a couple of years ago).

I found having a website helped, having a few business cards or flyers printed to handout. It takes time to build up a good reputation and a collection of students who will keep coming to your classes. It also takes time to build relationships with the locations you wish to teach at. If you want to teach at a studio it helps to be practising there a while so they can get to know you. Also, it is tough to make yoga teaching a full time job, unless you work long hours (sunrise to sunset) and most if not all days of the week. Also factor in travel time and expenses (travel, equipment, music, class handouts if you do these). Most yoga teachers work another job part time as well.

Om shanti. All the best!