+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impacts of withdraw applications?

yykmhd

Jun 28, 2017
I applied for Canadian citizenship but not sure now since I will have to give up my current citizenship.
I have received the letter for oath and I am not sure if I want to get the citizenship at this time.

1) Can I withdraw my citizenship application?
2) Will it be on some record that would impact my PR renewal?
3) Will it be an issue when I apply for Citizenship next time if the circumstances change?
4) Do I need to even withdraw the application or simply not appear for oath? Which one is better and has less impact for me if I want to apply for citizenship next time? If withdraw is better, should I provide a reason for my withdraw?

Any insights much appreciated.

yykmhd

Jun 28, 2017
According to CIC, you can withdraw at anytime before the oath but there is a procedure (search the CIC website). The reason you have is valid one. Check the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-withdrawal-applications.html
Thanks for your reply. The link is very helpful :) Do you think it's better to withdraw the application than simply not appear on the oath? I'm struggling between these two and any insights will be appreciated.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
What is your current citizenship? Maybe if we know that, there may be some other suggestions people can give you.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for your reply. The link is very helpful :) Do you think it's better to withdraw the application than simply not appear on the oath? I'm struggling between these two and any insights will be appreciated.
From what I've read, you have to officially withdraw.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I applied for Canadian citizenship but not sure now since I will have to give up my current citizenship.
I have received the letter for oath and I am not sure if I want to get the citizenship at this time.

1) Can I withdraw my citizenship application?
2) Will it be on some record that would impact my PR renewal?
3) Will it be an issue when I apply for Citizenship next time if the circumstances change?
4) Do I need to even withdraw the application or simply not appear for oath? Which one is better and has less impact for me if I want to apply for citizenship next time? If withdraw is better, should I provide a reason for my withdraw?

Any insights much appreciated.
Woww ... you must have a german passport ... just kidding ... think 100 times before doing anything ... hope you make the right decision

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woww ... you must have a german passport ... just kidding ... think 100 times before doing anything ... hope you make the right decision
Lol...mostly true but you can actually apply to keep German citizenship when becoming a Canadian citizen.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I will be the live answer for you ,, I applied for citizenship back on December of 2016 ,, and I had my test on 03/17/2017 however I arrived late for that big event ,, so I had to wait long time till I give up on July of 2017 ,, by then I decided to withdraw in order to re-apply will a new application ,, I reapplied back on August of 2017 ,, now I am waiting my Oath which will take place next week ,, bottom line no ,, there is no absolutely impact or whatsoever