+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact on Currently ongoing PR Application if employer files work permit

Jul 22, 2019
Hi, I work in USA and have applied for the express entry PR by making my spouse a primary applicant (better score), it's going to be processed by June end.

Meanwhile, my USA employer is also filing for my work permit in Canada but they aren't helping me if want to use their job offer in my PR application.

My questions
1) Would my employer filing work permit impact negatively my PR application even though my PR has spouse as main applicant?
2) Is it possible that I use their work permit to enter Canada for now but later re-enter the country using my PR but keep the same job with same employer (this way my presence in the country would be counted towards citizenship later)? Would it cause any immigration related issue? Do I need to resign and rejoin if I re-enter on a different visa?

Thanks in advance...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I work in USA and have applied for the express entry PR by making my spouse a primary applicant (better score), it's going to be processed by June end.

Meanwhile, my USA employer is also filing for my work permit in Canada but they aren't helping me if want to use their job offer in my PR application.

My questions
1) Would my employer filing work permit impact negatively my PR application even though my PR has spouse as main applicant?
2) Is it possible that I use their work permit to enter Canada for now but later re-enter the country using my PR but keep the same job with same employer (this way my presence in the country would be counted towards citizenship later)? Would it cause any immigration related issue? Do I need to resign and rejoin if I re-enter on a different visa?

Thanks in advance...
1. No.

2. Yes, you can keep your job. Why would you think you need to resign?

Reactions: AJAYSHARMAAPJS
Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for replying.
On the resignation question, I don't want to resign either but just wanted to make sure if there is any immigration related complexities or not.