+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact on application? - left Canada right after filing the application

sanlitun

Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I filed my citizenship application on Oct. 31, 2014 (1098 days) and flew back to my home country on the same day to pursue career opportunities. No plan to come back to Canada anytime soon except for the test and the oath.

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?
2. Any impact on the processing time of my application?

Anyone in the same boat? Would you mind sharing your application status? Thanks.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanlitun said:
I filed my citizenship application on Oct. 31, 2014 (1098 days) and flew back to my home country on the same day to pursue career opportunities. No plan to come back to Canada anytime soon except for the test and the oath.

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

Anyone in the same boat? Would you mind sharing your application status? Thanks.
if you have no plans on coming back and live in Canada then withdraw your application :p

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

1. Yes you need to inform CIC as you have a change in address and change in employment information.

2. Processing time should not be impacted - you'd be in the same queue as everyone else

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

as per the new process you might be denied.. this is exactly the type of applicants Canada does not want.. if you came here, you need to settle at least until you get your citizenship.
This is why the intent to reside clause was passed in the new law.. and as far as I know CIC are cracking on those cases..
You will get at least an RQ

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
as per the new process you might be denied.. this is exactly the type of applicants Canada does not want.. if you came here, you need to settle at least until you get your citizenship.
This is why the intent to reside clause was passed in the new law.. and as far as I know CIC are cracking on those cases..
You will get at least an RQ
agree ;D

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

You will be lucky if everything went Okay with you during the process of Citizenship application. You most likely be given a RQ at the time of test, if not in between the process. I even can understand the RQ requirement would be such that make you hang over in the Country for very long time. The other possibilities are they might let your oath go pending for very long period of time (1- 2 years). If God forbidden that happened than automatically your RO would come in question. I am not scaring you but upfront giving you an idea as this what happening with many people now days. However, it can be a possibility that nothing such what said above happened to you and you might get everything in a routine smooth way. I know one of my ex- colleague he went out and came back for Test & Oath and went back again to a Middle east country without any RQ or any questioning.

The purpose of immigration program is to bring people who can live and work in Canada. If you don't want to live and work here then you do not fit to the program and you better live where you were and give chance to some one who can live here. Now, after becoming a Citizen if you want to pursue your career abroad because of the only reason that you couldn't able to secure a job/ good living in Canada is an acceptable reason so far, still behind the scene you are expected to come back to Canada or have strong ties with Canada even if you are abroad for employment purpose. However, in future there would be more harsh rules.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

You have almost exactly 3 out of 4 years, so won't you fail to meet the residency obligation after you leave Canada? Is that gonna cause any problems?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenovo said:
1. Yes you need to inform CIC as you have a change...in employment information.
Small correction: One does not need to call CIC about job loss or job changes.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

1. Well, this is what CIC says about it.
Asking questions about your application
While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:
you change your address,
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
you are charged with a crime or
we do not contact you about your file within the posted processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

& As eileenf said above, you don't need to update CIC about a job change.

2. Depends purely on your luck! If you are a very lucky type of person, may sneak through all the way down to oath; otherwise might be stopped and asked more questions.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

Read previous posts of Nomi2012 . I think he was in the same situation .

Good luck

Nov 6, 2014
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

In my opinion you should withdraw your application and settle in your own country. Sorry to break it to you, but Canada is cracking on Citizenship of convienence. If your not committed to the country, then why be a Canadian citizen.

How unethical and immoral will it feel for someone who is in for just a free lunch or a free ride?

If you dont mind please share the details of your application with us.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
There are 2 kinds of citizenship by convenience :
1. Get the citizenship, kiss goodbye, then comeback when getting old for the medical and other benefits.
2. Get the citizenship, continue to reside, pay very little tax, claims benefit from head to toe, sponsoring families to come and claim benefits also from head to toe.
Now CIC is cracking on the 1st one, haven't touched the 2nd one.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Govt is cracking on both my friend. Anybody can report on welfare fraud anonymously. And there are penalties.

BLT said:
There are 2 kinds of citizenship by convenience :
1. Get the citizenship, kiss goodbye, then comeback when getting old for the medical and other benefits.
2. Get the citizenship, continue to reside, pay very little tax, claims benefit from head to toe, sponsoring families to come and claim benefits also from head to toe.
Now CIC is cracking on the 1st one, haven't touched the 2nd one.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanlitun said:

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?

Your case is a special one. You need to inform CIC of this action because if you don't it may come back to hunt you. Remember this; during the interview after your test, your interviewer will need to see your original documents (including your passport) which will show you have been outside Canada for more than 2 weeks. Therefore, you let them know about this action. The reason they grant citizenship is because they want you to be committed to staying in Canada and perform your regular duties as a citizen.

Nov 6, 2014
CanadianCountry said:
Govt is cracking on both my friend. Anybody can report on welfare fraud anonymously. And there are penalties.
You are right. I heard a lot of immigrants do the welfare fraud. Its ironic, they die to come to Canada ..and all they do is suck the benefits out of the system and still remain ready and to die for their home countries .. LOL