+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of recession in Canada's jobs

Majinboo

Sep 27, 2016
Hi all,

I have a Letter of Introduction valid until 03/23 which will grant me a 2yr work permit.

I've been in Canada (using an ETA) in the last two weeks to visit Calgary and Toronto and I fell in love with Toronto.

Main struggle now is that I hear a lot of stuff (mainly youtube) regarding Canada's economy and what this pandemic + Russia/Ukraine war will impact Canada's economy, with a brutal recession.

I must admit that I'm pretty confortable in my home country (Portugal) as I have a good salary and a nice role, which allows me to live confortably. Despite all that I don't feel safe about future in Portugal for my 2 childs and in that sense I think Canada has much more to offer to them than Portugal will ever do.

The plan would be to apply for Ontario PNP, as my NOC is 0213 and my wife's 2173, both are on demand on Ontario NOC List and from there apply to PR.

Is the Canadian economy volatile or pretty solid and mature? Please don't get me wrong as in Portugal I grew up hearing and suffering a lot from economy crysis.

Is it a good plan to start searching for a job while in home country or employers usually don't hire in advance?

KR

André