+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

impact of Job lost while PR in process for Federal skill worked

Pmaiti

May 25, 2019
Hi - I'm new to the Express Entry program & would request for your help.

Background: I have submitted my express entry profile with a score 470+ & waiting for next draw.
I'm federal skilled worker (NOC 00 or A or B) with Foreign Experience.
1 yr Canada experience in Closed WP. Have Job offer (which qualifies for 50pts) from my Employer [ Name of Employer in LMIA exempt Closed WP = Employer offered job]. No Provincial nomination.

I'm trying assess the impact to my PR profile in either of these condition to see which decision will affect the PR more adversely.
Situation-1 : I might plan to convert to Open Work Permit and continue working for the same employer.
Question : In that case do I lose the 50 pts for job offer since I no more hold the LMIA exempt WP?

Situation-2 : I might plan to convert to Open Work Permit and QUIT working for the same employer.
Question : In that case do I lose the 50 pts for job offer since I'm not employed anymore?

Is there any other negative impact that I might have due to either of these situations that I am not aware of ?
Thanks in advance.

Pmaiti

May 25, 2019
Thanks for the confirmation. Then my follow up thought will be , if I get another job offer from a new employer (since I'll be in OWP), will that get counted towards the 50pt?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. Then my follow up thought will be , if I get another job offer from a new employer (since I'll be in OWP), will that get counted towards the 50pt?
No. You need to be on a closed work permit with a named employer.

Reactions: Pmaiti