+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of Having Vacation outside of Canada on PR Application while being on PGWP

k6169582

Aug 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

I've come for a vacation in my home country. Initially, I was scheduled to travel back today, but I've decided to extend my travel until Dec 9th (I came on Aug 26th). I can schedule flights for Nov 12th or 22nd as well, which will be within 90 days of my stay in bd.

As I'm on pgwp, I was wondering if staying for more than 90 days can affect my pr application in the future? (My pgwp is valid until mid Aug of 2025)

I heard that staying outside of Canada for more than 90 days while being on pgwp could potentially impact your pr application in the future (not sure if it's meant for federal pr application or provincial pr application)

#Tia

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've come for a vacation in my home country. Initially, I was scheduled to travel back today, but I've decided to extend my travel until Dec 9th (I came on Aug 26th). I can schedule flights for Nov 12th or 22nd as well, which will be within 90 days of my stay in bd.

As I'm on pgwp, I was wondering if staying for more than 90 days can affect my pr application in the future? (My pgwp is valid until mid Aug of 2025)

#Tia
Your PGWP is valid until 2025 so not sure what ”90 day” timelines you are referring to. Do you have a TRV to re-enter? No impact on PR.

k6169582

Aug 7, 2023
Your PGWP is valid until 2025 so not sure what ”90 day” timelines you are referring to. Do you have a TRV to re-enter? No impact on PR.
I heard that staying outside of Canada for more than 90 days while being on pgwp could potentially impact your pr application in the future (not sure if it's meant for federal pr application or provincial pr application)

Not sure if it's True

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Not sure if it's True
No impact. You need at least a year of full-time, skilled experience while on your PGWP for Canadian experience. You can stay outside the country as long as you want.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

What you do during PGWP doesn't matter for the PR process. However, it's the best time to get Canadian experience and I wouldn't want to waste a day (especially given the uncertain economy we are going through.)