+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imp Question regarding time frame of IELTS result:attn PMM

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi
i want to know tht is this true tht the IELTS results ll be considered valid if one has taken exam within one year of filing his application. We ve filed our application in June 2007 thru London office so i was wondering tht london office ll ask us for the docs. atleast by end of 2009 so my husband was planning to take the exam sometimes next year . But now i ve some confusion as if he takes the exam by june 2008 , its results ll expire by the june 2009 , (while CIc s expected to ask the docs atleast by Nov. 2009)i dont know whether the info is incorrect or i m misinterpreting it. kindly advice when shd he take the exam , this year b4 june or next year. thanks in advance.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Newcomer when the cic wrote to you AOR. How many months did say would write to you I know on the website/ i am just curious

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
well martha marita CIC wrote to us wait for 42-48 months patiently(Current processing times)Ve u also applied in the lot of june 2007 , if yes when r u going to take ur IELTS.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
PMM Question for u regarding time frame of IELTS result

Thanks very much thaiguy , i ll highly appreciate if PMM could also answer this question, thaiguy i m not doubting ur knowledge but i just need a second opinion as its quite important for us.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Thanks very much thaiguy , i ll highly appreciate if PMM could also answer this question, thaiguy i m not doubting ur knowledge but i just need a second opinion as its quite important for us.

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Since you applied in June 2007, it is very unlikely that CIC will ask you for your IELTS before sometime in late 2009 or mid 2010. So don't be in a hurry. You can start preparing to sit for the IELTS sometime in late 2008 at the earliest.

Besides if CIC ask for the IELTS anytime before that, you can apply, sit for the test and have the results ready in a fortnight. So relax..........

And instead get your husband to start preparing for the IELTS . If English is your second language you need to prepare for the test in earnest. And try to get maximum marks in every module. I speak English everyday, studied English in English medium schools & college in India and worked for Fedex, where only English is used. But Boy ! Was I in for a surprise, when I sat for the test. The "Listening Module" was a shocker - if you don't catch one part of a sentence then you are going to struggle. IELTS will be a handful to most native speakers, leave alone people with English as their second language & doing the test to satisfy their immigration needs.

So for all those planning to do the IELTS, please prepare well in advance so that you know what to expect. You just don't want to pass, you want to do very well, you want get maximum marks as possible.

Mike..

NB. I was into the 3rd year of my application, when I voluntarily did my IELTS and sent it to CHC, Singapore. That was when the "new application" was not in use and you had to attach all documents with your application.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
hi newcomer, i think its best to wait till they write to you with this request. The exams usually take only approximately 3/4 of a day and some places offer it on saturdays i pressume you can creat time sometimes.

Sergey24

Feb 26, 2008
Hi everyone, I would like to share my experience:
Sent application on April 2003 in CHC London, on May 2004 they requested IELTS results, sat test by the end of May 2004 ( Mike is right- even native speakers wouldn't get top marks) Then my application was lost ( I think) in July 2006 I'v got job offer (LMO) sent it to CHC, they reply in 4 months and ask me to supply Police certs, fill out new IMM8, Schedule1, Summary forms and apply for work permit ( I had to enter Canada, start employment and after it they finalise application.) On February 2007 I'v got refused with visa and work permit because:''You have submitted an application for permanent residence.I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay''
My prospective employer (very good person) applied for AEO, I sent it to London on October 2007. On December we'v got med forms and they ask me to supply following: New Police Certs, new Summary forms, pay landing fee( 1950 CAD bank draft lost in their office, I had to pay fee again, no comments about it from them) Letter from Canadian employer, letter from current employer,detailed explanation-with examples of my current employment, letter explaining in detail the process by which I obtained job offer, letter explaining how my qualifications and experience are relevant to the job on offer and how I will be able to perform the job in Canada, and IELTS- update.
I sent all requested documentation, and wrote that I live in English-speaking country for the last 7 years, had completed professional courses( 500 hours, have a Cert) work in english-speaking company. Doesn't work, got another letter ''you must submit IELTS within 90 days'' I have 67 points without IELTS !!! Are they crazy???
Sat IELTS on 16 Feb. 2008 in Dublin, waiting for results now.
I'm fed up from collecting papers, sending to them, and waiting again. Every time I receive something from London, they ask me to send something else.

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Sergey,

I can imagine your frustration but I guess you have to comply because you must be wanting to finish this whole thing and get on with your life.

All the Best,

Mike

kadaraleem

Mar 19, 2008
These few posts are really very disturbing!!!

I submit my application in Oct 07, received AOR in Nov 07 and asked by the CIC Buffalo to sumit IELTS within 120 days. I wrote my IELTS in Feb 08 (scored 8.5 Band) and submitted the score 2weeks ago.

Now If you guys are correct in saying that IELTS results last for one year only the if my processing last longer than March 09, which is quite likely by looking at the other applicants, would I need to resit the ILETS??

Please reply.

AK

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kadaraleem said:
These few posts are really very disturbing!!!

I submit my application in Oct 07, received AOR in Nov 07 and asked by the CIC Buffalo to sumit IELTS within 120 days. I wrote my IELTS in Feb 08 (scored 8.5 Band) and submitted the score 2weeks ago.

Now If you guys are correct in saying that IELTS results last for one year only the if my processing last longer than March 09, which is quite likely by looking at the other applicants, would I need to resit the ILETS??

Please reply.

AK
Nope, once is enough.

PMM

Going canada

Mar 20, 2008
May we should have another folder/topic to get people to tell us when
are they requested for IELTs from the officals..hopefully there will be a pattern as to
guide people when to take their IELTS test..

Example.

Apply immigration thru: Buffalo-US, india, Asia, etc
Requested for IELTS result from officals : On March xx, 2008