+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immunisation Records a Requirement or Recommendation?

Val30

Oct 2, 2018
Hi, ya’ll.

I’m applying for a student permit via the SDS program and one of the requirements is the upfront medical exam. When I arrived in the clinic, they told me that the measles vaccination is an “additional requirement.” When I pointed out that the CIC website says vaccinations are recommended but not required, the medical personnel I was talking to flat out ignored me.

Anyway, I’ve been vaccinated as a child and now I’m wondering if I need to be vaccinated again (for visa purposes) or is the clinic just looking to make money?

(Btw, I’m applying from the Philippines)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should receive a booster vaccination. It's a good idea. There are many people in Canada unvaccinated for measles and there have been a few outbreaks as of late.

Val30

Oct 2, 2018
You should receive a booster vaccination. It's a good idea. There are many people in Canada unvaccinated for measles and there have been a few outbreaks as of late.
Thanks for your reply. But do I need it for visa purposes?

I do intend to get the booster shot, but I have a family doctor who could give it to me (and I prefer she does it). As of now, my only concern is the medical requirements for my visa