+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration

Delhi India

Apr 24, 2018
Hi all
I visited Canada as a business visitor in 2017 which was for 6 months single entry from Delhi India.
Now I am applying for my next visit and my problem is that I do not remember that while filling the family information last time my travel agent mentioned my brother’s name or not.
Will visa officer consider it?
Please help me
Thanks in advance

Delhi India

Apr 24, 2018
Why would you think it is a problem?
I mean this time while filling family information I am writing about my brother but I don’t remember about last year ‘s family information application,so can visa officer consider it as a mistake and refuse my application
Thank you

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You should be truthful in your answers and never omit any required information from your application. It doesn't matter to immigration officers that you used a travel agent to them it's the same as if you filled the application yourself, you're the one who's going to bear the consequences.

If you are worried about a misrepresentation finding you should know there are factors needed like being related to a material fact and having an effect on the process itself in approving your visa. In this case you mentioned your brother was not accompanying and was not resident in Canada at the time, so it is a benign issue and nothing to worry about. You should include the correct information this time and the officer reviewing your application will have discretion to forgive your past mistake since you were forthcoming with the true facts yourself and is unlike when they find out the truth themselves, the officers don't have discretion in that case.

If you want to know what was in your previous application, you can submit a privacy information request to get your files. Needless to say you must save all your applications and keep all records for future reference.

Delhi India

Apr 24, 2018
You should be truthful in your answers and never omit any required information from your application. It doesn't matter to immigration officers that you used a travel agent to them it's the same as if you filled the application yourself, you're the one who's going to bear the consequences.

If you are worried about a misrepresentation finding you should know there are factors needed like being related to a material fact and having an effect on the process itself in approving your visa. In this case you mentioned your brother was not accompanying and was not resident in Canada at the time, so it is a benign issue and nothing to worry about. You should include the correct information this time and the officer reviewing your application will have discretion to forgive your past mistake since you were forthcoming with the true facts yourself and is unlike when they find out the truth themselves, the officers don't have discretion in that case.

If you want to know what was in your previous application, you can submit a privacy information request to get your files. Needless to say you must save all your applications and keep all records for future reference.
Thank you very much for your valuable reply.How can I submit a privacy information request to get my previous files

Reactions: carolbb23

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You cannot make the request from outside Canada. An immigration consultant can help you with the forms and obtain the files for you. Keep in mind that it will take a long time to process.