07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
Hi
I'm thinking of applying for Immigration to Quebec, but i have some doubts, i will be thankful is someone can help me CORRECTLY...

I'm from INDIA and i came to know that applicants from India have to send their docs to Embassy of CANADA in DAMASCUS...(please verify).

1)whats CSQ? is it like Canada visa? Is it the final step or i should do something else after getting CSQ? i mean do i have to apply for Canada visa? Basically I'm confused with the term Quebec and Canada, does Canada visa excludes Quebec visa?

2)Will i have to go to Damascus also for anything for eg Interview if ever they call me..?

3)If i get my visa for going to Quebec can i immediately change my Province to some other like Ontario if i don't get job in Quebec or i have to stay there for sometime or ever?

If anyone here has migrated to Quebec as skilled worker from India Please message me so that i clear my doubts, thnx

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
saeid said:
Hi
I'm thinking of applying for Immigration to Quebec, but i have some doubts, i will be thankful is someone can help me CORRECTLY...

I'm from INDIA and i came to know that applicants from India have to send their docs to Embassy of CANADA in DAMASCUS...(please verify).

1)whats CSQ? is it like Canada visa? Is it the final step or i should do something else after getting CSQ? i mean do i have to apply for Canada visa? Basically I'm confused with the term Quebec and Canada, does Canada visa excludes Quebec visa?

2)Will i have to go to Damascus also for anything for eg Interview if ever they call me..?

3)If i get my visa for going to Quebec can i immediately change my Province to some other like Ontario if i don't get job in Quebec or i have to stay there for sometime or ever?

If anyone here has migrated to Quebec as skilled worker from India Please message me so that i clear my doubts, thnx
plz reply

edgy555

Aug 21, 2007
If you go through the Quebec process, you'll be dealing with the government of Quebec first:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/index.asp

As CSQ is a Selection Certificate for Quebec -- Quebec alone has the right to select which immigrants it wants to come to Quebec. First you would get a CSQ from Quebec and *then* file the application with the Canadian Consulate.

The processes are different. Quebec places a higher importance on being able to speak French, for instance. You get very few points (although you do get some) for speaking English.

It's likely you will be called for an interview but I believe the interview would be in New Delhi (http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=59596)

As to switching provinces, you technically have the right to move wherever you want in Canada after you land, *but* there is a form that is part of the Quebec process that says you promise live in Quebec. Also, they are wary of such arrangements, so in order to get the CSQ in the first place, you'll have to convince the immigration officer that your destination truly is Quebec.

Also, note that it is slightly more expensive to go through the Quebec process as you have to pay fees to Quebec on top of the fees you'll pay the federal government.

Best of luck.

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
edgy555 said:
If you go through the Quebec process, you'll be dealing with the government of Quebec first:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/index.asp

As CSQ is a Selection Certificate for Quebec -- Quebec alone has the right to select which immigrants it wants to come to Quebec. First you would get a CSQ from Quebec and *then* file the application with the Canadian Consulate.

The processes are different. Quebec places a higher importance on being able to speak French, for instance. You get very few points (although you do get some) for speaking English.

It's likely you will be called for an interview but I believe the interview would be in New Delhi (http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=59596)

As to switching provinces, you technically have the right to move wherever you want in Canada after you land, *but* there is a form that is part of the Quebec process that says you promise live in Quebec. Also, they are wary of such arrangements, so in order to get the CSQ in the first place, you'll have to convince the immigration officer that your destination truly is Quebec.

Also, note that it is slightly more expensive to go through the Quebec process as you have to pay fees to Quebec on top of the fees you'll pay the federal government.

Best of luck.
Thnx for ur reply

Well.. as i understood, i should apply for CSQ and when i received it from Gov of Quebec , i should submit my docs alongwith CSQ to the embassy of Canada for getting visa(Plz verify)...

If im correct how long it will take to get my visa after getting CSQ?

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
Please verify and if I'm wrong plz let me know:

I live in India and i should send my docs to Damascus office.

I should send my docs to Damascus and then Gov of Quebec will issue me CSQ if they accept my file, then i receive CSQ and i should submit CSQ to Embassy of Canada New Delhi to get the Visa.... AM I CORRECT??????

If its correct how long it will take to get visa after i receive CSQ?

aroyo

Oct 1, 2007
Yes you're almost right.
After receiving your CSQ you will have to file an application with the Canadian federal Govt. After filing with the federal Govt they only check your background and your medical eligibility. If everything is OK you will then be issued the PPR.
After receiving the CSQ it may take 6 to 8 months to obtain your PPR but the timeline varies with the CIC office you're applying to.
Aroyo

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
Thanx Aroyo

May i know whether u have applied for Quebec or no or u r already there?

Have u gone through all these steps?

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
aroyo said:
Yes
Now Awaitng for final decision.
Aroyo
Can i have ur yahoo msgr id so tht i can ask any query regarding immigration to quebec from you.

Ausman

Dec 9, 2013
Hi
I have a query
My girlfriend has applied for her permanent residency under csq
In march 2013. N she got her file no and selection letter after three months in the end of June respectively
The question in my mind is that she did her graduation and masters both in different fields
But she got 6 years experience after her masters n got 6 bands in ielts n she hav got a1 and a2 certificates in French
Is there any success rate we can expect in this case?