+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

skumar_ec

Oct 4, 2011
Hi,

I am new to this forum and looking forward to apply for a Federal Skilled worker program or a PNP. I am from India and have good experience in Software field along with English but no French.
Members of this forum, can you please suggest which would be a suitable program for me to apply? Also, please let me know about the following:
1. Software job scenario in Canada - Is it a good time to move to Canada? Are there enough jobs?
2. Salary - How much minimum salary can I expect?
3. Monthly Expenses - What would be the average monthly expenses for a family of 3(2 adults and 1 child)?
4. Saving Potential - How much can I annually save in Canada in INR, considering that I would fly back to India atleast twice a year?

Thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
skumar_ec said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum and looking forward to apply for a Federal Skilled worker program or a PNP. I am from India and have good experience in Software field along with English but no French.
Members of this forum, can you please suggest which would be a suitable program for me to apply? Also, please let me know about the following:
1. Software job scenario in Canada - Is it a good time to move to Canada? Are there enough jobs?
3. Monthly Expenses - What would be the average monthly expenses for a family of 3(2 adults and 1 child)?
4. Saving Potential - How much can I annually save in Canada in INR, considering that I would fly back to India atleast twice a year?

Thanks in Advance.
There are currently no IT roles on the list of accepted occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker program. This means that if you want to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker, you will first need to secure a job offer in Canada. It's quite difficult to secure a job offer in Canada, so you may want to focus on the PNP programs instead to see if anything there fits your profile.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009

Depends if you are super skilled in an area. IT jobs are pretty saturated right now, across Canada. Getting a job is not impossible but hard work.

Again, depends but not as much as you think you will get.

Again, depends where you settle. In Vancouver, for example apartment rent would cost you around $1000 to $1600 per month for a 2 bed. Other expenses, food etc probably $3000 per month. They do say to live in Vancouver you need at least a monthly net income of $5000, just to cover basic living.

No idea....sorry.