+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

Maher Alsaeed

Mar 23, 2020
Dears
Good days
Name : Maher
I'm from Syria I live in Turkey
I'm looking for chance to travel to Canada I am mechanical engineer I work in steel planet and maintenance of medical devices I have submitted to express entry but I'm not eligible to reasons like I have no certificate English or France language and I have no alot money .
Can every body help.me
All regards
23-3-2020

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears
Good days
Name : Maher
I'm from Syria I live in Turkey
I'm looking for chance to travel to Canada I am mechanical engineer I work in steel planet and maintenance of medical devices I have submitted to express entry but I'm not eligible to reasons like I have no certificate English or France language and I have no alot money .
Can every body help.me
All regards
23-3-2020
If you wish to immigrate through an economic immigration stream, it is mandatory that you take an English or French language test and that you have enough money saved to pay for all of the fees and also funds to settle yourself in Canada

Maher Alsaeed

Mar 23, 2020
[QUOTE = "scylla، post: 8556649، member: 51365"]
إذا كنت ترغب في الهجرة من خلال تدفق الهجرة الاقتصادية ، فمن الإلزامي أن تجتاز اختبار اللغة الإنجليزية أو الفرنسية وأن لديك ما يكفي من المال المدخر لدفع جميع الرسوم وكذلك الأموال لتسكن نفسك في كندا
[/اقتبس]
I understand you want those who have money
Thank you

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I understand you want those who have money
Thank you
Clearly you do not understand. If you want to apply through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry, then you must be able to settle yourself upon arriving in Canada without government assistance, thus the need to have a minimum amount of funds available when applying. Aside from the application and other related fees, you are not "buying your way" into Canada; you would be using these funds to pay for your initial living expenses if you were to immigrate in Canada. If you can not meet the requirements for certain programs like Express Entry, then you should research other programs which you could qualify for.

Maher Alsaeed

Mar 23, 2020
Clearly you do not understand. If you want to apply through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry, then you must be able to settle yourself upon arriving in Canada without government assistance, thus the need to have a minimum amount of funds available when applying. Aside from the application and other related fees, you are not "buying your way" into Canada; you would be using these funds to pay for your initial living expenses if you were to immigrate in Canada. If you can not meet the requirements for certain programs like Express Entry, then you should research other programs which you could qualify for.
I understand but you don't understand I no need money help I questioned help for arrive to canada if there is no another way that means I need so much money for test language and for living in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand but you don't understand I no need money help I questioned help for arrive to canada if there is no another way that means I need so much money for test language and for living in Canada
The only other way is if you were able to travel to Canada and claim refugee status once you are here. However you need a TRV to travel to Canada and it will most likely be difficult for you to get a TRV approved. To get one approved, you will need to show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on coming to Canada long term. You will also have to show that you have enough money to pay for your trip and visit to Canada.

Note that there is a travel ban to Canada right now due to COVID-19.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You better stay where you are, it is not a good time to come here. We have our own problems to sort out first.

Blinkz360

Mar 29, 2020
Goodday all, please students who have been accepted by a DLI in canada but is still waiting for their study visa approval ,when approved can they still travel to canada before june30 despite the travel ban ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Blinkz360

Mar 29, 2020

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dear,they was an update from them stating that international students who have been enrolled or accepted by a designated learning institutions before march 18 can also travel ..you should check ...
Maybe post the updated link here then given this is still shown as the exemption as of 3/29 update only approved study permit holders no mention of offer letter holders without an approved permit

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students

International students

If you’re an international student who has a valid study permit or were approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.

Last edited:

Blinkz360

Mar 29, 2020
In brief

Since March 16, the Government of Canada has put in place various restrictions to close its borders to foreign travellers in an attempt to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, which includes restricting the entry of most foreign nationals to Canada. On March 26, 2020, the Government of Canada put into effect exemptions to these travel restrictions, to facilitate the entry of foreign nationals who have committed to working, studying or making Canada their home.
Discussion
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Canada introduced a series of new travel restrictions designed to support the government’s efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, which prohibit anyone other than Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent residents, immediate family members of Canadians, air crew, diplomats, and individuals who have been residing in the US for 14 or more consecutive days from boarding a plane to Canada. In addition, by mutual agreement between the Canadian and US governments, further travel restrictions were introduced which effectively closed the Canada-US border, barring anyone from travelling to Canada with the exception of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents who are returning home, and any travellers who are entering to provide essential services (e.g., health care workers and truck drivers bringing goods into Canada). These additional measures took effect as of 11:59 pm on Friday, March 20, 2020 and are expected to be in place for a minimum of 30 days - until April 20, 2020 - and may be amended or rescinded at any time.
Additional exemptions in place
Late last week, the Government of Canada provided an update on the travel restrictions and announced that there will be an exemption for foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making their home in Canada. These exemptions were put into effect by way of the issuance of an interim order on March 25, 2020 and include the following:
Temporary workers
The interim order exempts certain foreign nationals who are authorized to travel to Canada to work. This includes:
Returning workers who were already established in Canada and hold a valid work permit
Temporary workers who had made arrangements to come to Canada to work before the travel restrictions were put in place and are in possession of a letter of introduction/approval letter from IRCC
These foreign nationals can self-identify to airlines at the point of boarding that they are exempt under this provision by presenting either a valid work permit, or a letter of introduction from IRCC.
New workers - permit-exempt work

Acknowledging the need to maintain critical supply chains and access foreign talent for critical services, the government has also implemented temporary and special provisions to allow the entry of new workers without the requirement for a work permit. This provision is limited to specific scenarios, including the following:
providers of emergency services, including medical services, and those engaged in the protection or preservation of life or property (includes firefighters)
students in a health field, including as a medical elective or clinical clerk at a medical teaching institution in Canada, for the primary purpose of acquiring training, if they have written approval from the body that regulates that field
foreign nationals seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely to become a member of a crew of a means of transportation, including a vessel engaged in international transportation
These foreign nationals can self-identify to airlines at the point of boarding that they are exempt under this provision by presenting evidence of their exemption by way of a letter or approval from the government or relevant institution.
International students
International students may also now travel to Canada where the following conditions apply:
The foreign national held a valid Canadian study permit or was issued a letter of introduction dated on or before March 18, 2020; and
The foreign national was already enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada or had been accepted by a DLI and made arrangements to come to Canada to study before the travel restrictions were put in place.
Permanent resident visa holders
The interim order further exempts foreign nationals who have been approved for permanent residence and who were eligible to travel to Canada to become landed permanent residents on or before March 18, 2020. To facilitate their boarding of any aircraft and entry to Canada, these individuals will need to present their valid permanent resident visa (nationals from visa-required countries only), or a COPR document (all foreign nationals).
The takeaway

Employers and foreign workers meeting the above criteria may now proceed to make arrangements for their travel to Canada. As foreign nationals qualifying under one of the above-listed exemptions are expected to self-identify for determination by the airline carrier and CBSA agents, any foreign nationals seeking to travel to Canada at this time should be prepared to provide the relevant documentation to evidence their eligibility, including IRCC approval letter, visa, or valid status document.

The immigration situation involving COVID-19 continues to be fluid and rapidly evolving. Employers and employees alike should be prepared for all immigration applications and travel to be impacted, including admission procedures for those that are not presently impacted by the travel ban. PwC Law team continues to monitor the rapid developments in these unprecedented times and will keep organizations updated.

For more information on the above, or any other immigration matter, please contact a member of our team at PwC Law LLP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear,they was an update from them stating that international students who have been enrolled or accepted by a designated learning institutions before march 18 can also travel ..you should check ...
That's not what the rules you posted say. I've copy and pasted the key text below. Note the "and" that I have bolded. The "and" is very important. You must hold a study permit or letter of introduction dated before March 18 AND ALSO have been accepted by a DLI in order to be able to travel. Being accepted by a school is not enough.

The foreign national held a valid Canadian study permit or was issued a letter of introduction dated on or before March 18, 2020; and
The foreign national was already enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada or had been accepted by a DLI and made arrangements to come to Canada to study before the travel restrictions were put in place.

Reactions: jddd

Blinkz360

Mar 29, 2020
That's not what the rules you posted say. I've copy and pasted the key text below. Note the "and" that I have bolded. The "and" is very important. You must hold a study permit or letter of introduction dated before March 18 AND ALSO have been accepted by a DLI in order to be able to travel. Being accepted by a school is not enough.

Okay, please when is the restrictions ending ?